CRV Install

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by cccullen, May 18, 2008.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

looks nice as hell. great job

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

looks good man...I wish I had time to finish my install lol.

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

thanks. still have to make a couple adjustments and raise the 3rd row seat up a bit but all in all it looks ok.

I'm still thinking if i should do my set up or just have it done. If i were to do mine, it would probably take a few days to do. I'm not sure if i'll be up to it. what do think? should i do it myself or have it professionally done? If i were to do it i'd do all the wiring myself, probably have the box and false flooring made and have somebody to upholster it.

I was working on my wife's car for a good 7 hours. I had to take out the front seats, redo all the wiring. I wasn't fun. In fact, i'm still tired as hell now. lol

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

DIY, cullen...its a good work out and you can say you did it all yourself instead of saying you paid someone while you watched

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

oh sh!t, just noticed... you're a moderator now... congrats azn!!!

I think your right, I'll save a lot doing it myself too. I learned from some mistakes i made with my wife's car.

screw it... DIY is the way to go! even though the CRV didn't look perfect, i'll do it myself and see how it looks. my gear should be here by June 7.

6. pedro quiroga

i say diy cause you know what's going on with the install.

have you even started routing cables in the expy?

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

haven't done a thing yet with the expy. I wanted to finish my wife's car before i did anything with mine. I start on it this weekend i guess.

would it be ok to go with 2ga wires or should i just go with 0/1ga?

8. pedro quiroga

0 if you got the money. or 2 runs of 2 works also.[​IMG]

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

geez, that a lot of wires... so it would be either 1 run of 0/1 to the d-block or 2 runs of 2ga to a d-block.

man, those 0/1ga wires are expensive. it's like $7 per foot here. the 2ga is like $2 per foot. that's why i'm asking. I'm going to need a lot of this, got save a little. lol

10. pedro quiroga

then do multiple runs of the 2 gauge

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

if i used 0/1 gauge wires. I'd only have to do 1 run from the battery to the d-block, right? then 2 runs from the d-block to the amps.

How many runs of 2 gauge would i have to make from the battery to the d-block? 2 runs? then another 2 runs from the d-block to the amps?

12. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

yes... i think lol

13. pedro quiroga

yeah 2 runs of 2 should be ok.

then one 2 gauge per amp.

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

well, i was able to clean up the look of the crv install a bit. Looks a lot better now. you can no longer see the wood near the amps.

you'll notice a cross cut at the bottom of each amp, that's for the latch of the 3rd row seat. I didn't want to make a hole in the carpet so i just did it this way.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  15. pedro quiroga

looks great!

16. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

thanks pedro.. seeing parts of the wood was really annoying me so i got off my a$$ last night and did something about it..

17. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Nice install, looks very clean, she must be happy