CRV Install

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by cccullen, May 18, 2008.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

this is turning out to be a real pain in the butt. took some measurements last night. turns out that the amps won't fit under the 3rd row seat either. If i put a false floor in, i won't have any clearance.

So.......... looks like the only way to fix this is to raise the 3rd row seating a bit. do you have any suggestions on what i can use to raise the 3rd row about an inch to an inch and a half?

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

If you raise the seat it probably won't latch on to those hooks anymore. What about the plastic side panels, any room behind them?

I guess you could raise the seat and the hooks, unbolt everything and put a bunch of washers or spacers then bolt everything down again. Maybe to much work lol.

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

that's what i was thinking about doing. Just use washers for the seat and the hooks. It's really not that much work but i'm not looking forward to it. lol

I should take off the plastice side panels to see what kinda room i have. that would be nice to hide the amps behind the plastic panels.

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Might need longer bolts, depends how high you want to lift it.

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Looks like there's some space behind the panels to me but who knows, worth checking though.

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Weird thing happened to my ebay account since i formatted my computer yesterday, i signed in today and i have an extra 100 positive ratings?//..Not complaining but strange.

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I wouldn't be complaining either.

If i put the amps behind the plastic panels, do you think that would be ok? I don't think there would be a lot of air circulation there. wouldn't the amps get real hot back there?

8. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you said she wont be cranking on it like crazy so they wont get too hot from playing. so if they fit behind a panel. go for it.

or that tail gate looked like it had room in it....

if all else fails the front seat location should be fine. how many people ride in that thing that they'll be kicking them?

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

my 2 daughters are ALWAYS riding in the back. they do kick the amps. Thats what i really want to put them in the back.

The tailgate looks like it has a lot of room but that going to be a pain in the ass running the wires into the tail gate. It looks like those side panels are going to have some room in there.

By the way, i solved the CD skipping problem... I bought another head unit. lol
    I just bought a pioneer DEH-P3900MP, got it for real cheap. Not the greatest but it will do the trick. I'll hook it up over the weekend. Man, I have a lot to do this weekend...

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  10. pedro quiroga

can you tell them to not kick them? lol.

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

lol. don't think that would work.

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

well, i took a look at the side panels and there isn't enough room inside there. I think the only way to do this is to raise the 3rd row up a bit and make a false floor. I have to take final measurements and make a template so i can have it made tomorrow so i can install it.

I guess i'll just use washers to bring the raise the seat and i'll buy longer bolts.

13. pedro quiroga

so are they kicking the wiring or the heat sinks?

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

heatsinks mostly. I have floor mats covering the amps right now but i don't think thats a very good idea. good thing is, after playing music for a while the amps are barely warm. I know they're not pushing hard.

I'm just going to move them to the back and do the false floor.

Question... would it be ok to leave the distribution block under the passenger seat and run 2 4ga wires to the back from the d-block? I know the RCA's and speaker wire is long enough to reach the back. This way, i'd only have to buy like 10ft of 4ga wire to move the amps to the back beside the sub.

15. pedro quiroga

should be fine.

16. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ok, so this is what i want it to look like. the sub will have a mesh cover over it and i guess i could just lay some carpet or something over it.

Attached Files:

17. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

I seriously think car audio nuts could be engineers without going to school.

18. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

lol, your probably right.

19. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

well, i was able to have the false floor made over the weekend. I have to make a lot of adjustments with it cuz it didn't turn out how I wanted it to.

Anyway, i was able to move the amps to the rear beside the sub. It took a lot longer than i expected it to take. Then, i carpeted the false floor. It's still not finished cuz you can see some wood were the hole for the amp is. I have to work on it some more when i get home from work.

It turned out ok.... My first time i tried doing something like this. Tell me what you think.

Attached Files:

20. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

lol engineering is a lot more than just wiring up some amplifiers.