Crazy stuff I did!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by TheViking, Apr 7, 2011.

1. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

years and years ago...

Back in the shop often times the customer didnt want the old factory radio back...often times they would say too trash it. Most of the time never had a problem with that. but on occasion we kept one or two that worked fine just for the heck of it i guess. One slow day i had a 5 gallon bucket of water for some reason in the shop. Got a crazy idea.....wonder how ling this radio on the bench would work underwater? If i remember right it was an old japanese rig out of a toyota, DIN cassette player....So i proceeeded to hook up the power and an old speaker to it....turned it on and set the volume and radio station...worked fine. Then i set it into the bucket of water............

! hour, 2 hours, 6 hours....still working fine. Had to close down so i disconnected power. The next morning i hooked up power again and reset the radio station, back in the water it went....working fine! I believe this radio survived 3 days in the water before it finally gave up the ghost!

Tried the same thing with an old cassete deck playing a tape....was good for about 4 hours! LOL!

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

wow, thats nuts.. ive read about cars stilll having power underwater. like headlights, sometimes even power windows, but 3 days!? dang!

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Must have been an epoxy coated circuit board i am guessing...never tore into it to see what failed, didnt care. Just threw it in the trash when done ! LOL!