computer speakers in car

Discussion in 'Home Audio Talk' started by gotgookie, Oct 11, 2008.

1. gotgookie

gotgookie New Member

i have some extra 5.1 logitech z 5500 and i was wondering if there is a way to wire them into my car. i currently have an aftermarket deck connected to monochannel 1000w jl amp adn 2 12s.

the computer speaker set has an amp built into the subwoofer which i am going to put in the spare wheel compartment so all i need to do is wire the battery to the amp and the amp to the deck right? what materials are needed to connect everything together?

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

do u by any chance drive a cougar? lol WHY would u wanna do that?

3. gotgookie

gotgookie New Member

why would i drive a cougar?

cause my door speakers blew out and i cant hear the voices in music. also, if this method works why waste money on component speakers

4. jonnyv713

u dont need components. a pair of chheap coaxials will sound way better than computer speakers ever will. what car do u drive?

5. jonnyv713

6. jonnyv713

im not tryin t be a di** just tellin u that car speakers will sound/look better than computer speakers.

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

dude its ghetto....computer speakers sound like ass anyways.

8. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

not all but most do. they're not designed for a close environment like a car anyways. i thought of the cougar thread right when i read the title of this one haha.

9. jonnyv713

me too! thats y i asked.

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

LMAO, i thought of the cougar right away too. Don't put computer speakers in your car. you can buy some good speakers for cheap. just let us know your budget and what kinda car you drive.

11. AudioEquipment

AudioEquipment New Member

Why would you ever do this?

Why would you ever want to go this? If you don't want to spend the money on new car speakers but have an extra set of computer speakers then sell the computer speakers and buy yourself a set of car speakers. You'll enjoy the sound much more.