Cheap Guage.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Honest Bob, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I vagly remember something about getting 0 guage wiring kits for cheap, but didnt pay enough attention. :rolleyes:

Been thinking the Brahmas might like a Cadence ZRS9. Gonna need some 0 guage for that beast.

2. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

You can get them off ebay for like $50.

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

ZRS9? Awesome!!!

Audiopipe was the brand. I think it was speakerhole that sold it.

4. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Or you can just go by the local welding supply store and buy it there. I was rather amazed at the quality of the stuff, especially for IIRC $1.25 a foot.

But I should warn you that 1/0 awg wire is VERY large and hard to hide under the carpet. You could instead run multiple runs of smaller awg wire. It is much easier to run, and hide.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

5. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

Audiopipe is the brand of the 0 guage kit. Geo recommended it to me in caraudio chat...5 minutes later, I bought it :) Very nice, complete kit. It's $55+ shipping (it came to $70, shipped to me...in SoCal). This is at Ikesound, btw.

6. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

I have gotten the Audiopipe and American Bass kits off ebay. Bother work just fine :)

7. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

This one, Ikesound carries it:

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1468

$55, it includes:

17 FT. Clear Blue 1/0 Gauge Power Wire
    3 FT. Clear Silver 1/0 Gauge Power Wire
    16 FT. RCA cable
    1 PC Heavy Duty ANE(ANL) Fuse Block Waterproof
    1 PC 250AMP ANE Fuse
    2 PCS 0 Gauge Heavy Duty machined ring terminals
    1 1/0 gauge to quad 4 gauge machined distribution block
    miscellanious installation bits

I've seen some on Ebay, and they sometimes don't measure up...
    I saw one that had a voltmeter built into the fuse block (which goes underhood), and didn't have a distribution block.
    Another one that had a distribution block, and fuseholder, but no fuse.
    Etc..

I always recommend this kit from Ikesound..
    It's the same kit that Speakerhole carried when they were in business - when Speakerhole carried it it was $65, and everyone recommended it because it was such a huge bargain!

I remember when a kit like this would have cost you $200...

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

HB, I found a local supplier for Audiopipe I can get them for $63. I know it is a bit more, but...

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I will finish that

...but you dont have to wait DECADES or Deal with Worhtless poeople to get your kit ;) :p

10. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Really? I always thought Ike was cool...

I may be wrong though.

Anyways, if enough people show interest I will stock them here. I almost went ahead and ordered several kits, but I decided I would wait to see what people say.

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Really? I always thought Ike was cool...

I may be wrong though.

Anyways, if enough people show interest I will stock them here. I almost went ahead and ordered several kits, but I decided I would wait to see what people say. [/b][/quote]
    I have never liked them, Far Too Many Bas CS(customer service) Reports

they only reason they survive is low prices, and the "gang" mentality of "certin Forums"

there are countless reports of people getting Blantly USED, referbished or otherwise comprimised products, or having to Wait WEEKS and WEEKS after quoted times to get their products.

Also Reports state that the Customer Services Personell are Rude and uncooperative

this is the Sad thing about a Price Driven Market, you can be the Rudest unprofessional out fit but as long as you have the lowest prices (weather or not that are Honest Products or Prices) you will have the customers --- Most people dont care at all about Customer Service... and that is sad

12. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Hmm, I'll look around here for Audio Pipe. Gonna start looking at new cars so it looks like the new amp is gonna be on hold.

13. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Over the counter it is $75 (he said suggested retail is $100, but that is a huge markup obviously). My cost is less if I buy several kits (5 minimum) and I get to save on taxes ;) . So that cost is representative of if I buy a bundle, which I will if the demand is there.

14. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

It really is a nice kit...
    I've installed a few myself.

Heck, I installed one that I personally keep handy here in a rental car once... :p