caraudioforum down today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by zabooza, Apr 19, 2002.

1. GTAutumn

GTAutumn Guest

oh jesus, not this shit again, seriously why the fuck does it matter what i wore to a school dance? If that was high priority on YOUR list when you were that age maybe that says a bit about you. She was lucky she even got me to go at all.

No, i live in a major university town, actually if youve ever seen 2001 a space Oddyssy youve heard of it. Its where H.A.L. was activated. Know why? A place called NCSA thats located in my town. The National Center for Supercomputing Application.....You can thank this college for many things. Anything that you own that has a transistor in it for one.......Also, Wolfram Research...creators of a shitty little math program called mathmatica, maybe youve heard of it. Oh yeah, the Chicago Bears are playing all their games in this town for the next 2 years.......

They're cargo pants, not khakis. So they hung off my ass, what of it?

a young gay fonzie?......okay.....I can say with 100% confidence that, that was the stupidest insult anyone has ever used on me......

2. GTAutumn

GTAutumn Guest

to clear things up, yes, i wore that to the homecoming dance. That was my only atire for the evening.

3. PointSource

PointSource Guest

Hahahah GTA

That whole harassment about the homecoming attire was started by none other than yours truly on CAF..........

However its getting a little old........let the man be......

By the way Sandt38, I think you are a good guy, but Kurt is really right..........ridiculing is not argumentation at all..........

4. The Belgian

The Belgian Full Member

I sure hope the PM's won't be lost, I still have an important one to read (from Geo). Damn. :mad:

5. GTAutumn

GTAutumn Guest

why does it matter that its like 3 years old?

6. NVRloudENUFF

NVRloudENUFF Full Member

that shit still isnt up, omfg

7. PimpinInMyJeep

PimpinInMyJeep Full Member

oh well, at least we have new home...i forget about this place until CAF went down

8. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

War, you dont know whats going on with CAF, I never thought it would be down this long.

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

it appears to be back up

10. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

if thats what you wanna call it, still not functional though

11. NVRloudENUFF

NVRloudENUFF Full Member

its working 4 me

12. PimpinInMyJeep

PimpinInMyJeep Full Member

well looks like CAF is back up....i think i'll CAT my vacation home or something, it's a fun place to be...doesn't seem to be all the same old repetive newbs here, newbs are good, but not when they ask the same exact question over and over again, it becomes monotonous...this is a change of pace, it's a good thing:thumb:

13. Warbleed

Warbleed Full Member

(shrugs). Sorry, not any more informed than you are. I'm a mod, not the admin, Lee doesn't tell me shit about how things are running.

14. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

He put a response up in a WOT thread...

Sounds like his hosting provider f'd him over, actually...

They notified him that they thought some packets that looked like viruses were coming from the server that CAF was hosted on, so they pulled the plug...

And like on 12 hour intervals they were updating Lee, just bullshit really..
    Last he heard they determined that the CAF server wasn't the one causing the problems, but they still needed it down, and the next thing Lee knew, it was back up... they hadn't even sent him notification that it was going back up...
    Sounds like LEE got screwed, honestly...

If I were him, I'd be asking for my entire month's payment back!
    :grenade:

15. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

what about all the other time CAF is down, I can say that is it probellay the host then too, I would change hosts if i were him

16. CWeed

CWeed Full Member

Why are you so worried about him and his host? Just curious.

17. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Most of us here are also CAF regulars...
    I have lots of open threads over there, myself..
    So it bugs all of us when it's down, just like it would bug all of us if this was down...

But after being on CAF for a long time, it's been observed that CAF tends to be down quite often..
    The forum itself is very high quality..
    The server that it is hosted on.. that seems to be another story!

Wouldn't it be nice if the server was as good as the forum?
    I mean, ideally, NO web site would ever be down..
    some hosting service providers do a better job managing uptime than others.. there is no good reason in my mind to stick with one that goes down all the time when there are many many out there with fantastic uptime! ;)

18. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well said

Some people Think I started this to be AGAINST CAF,

NOT TRUE, if I did I would not go there

I started this just to do it, and Because I found that CAF was the ONLY forum I liked to go to, ECA, TermPro SD all are pretty bad IMO

ECA is full of assholes,
    SD is full of Kids
    TermPro is WAY over moderated

19. PointSource

PointSource Guest

No, kinda, no

20. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

YES VERY MUCH SO

on all 3

I know there are MANY MANY other that feel the same way