car making a squeaking noise...

Discussion in 'Car Repair' started by johnpd, Sep 22, 2006.

1. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Um...nothing yet...May change the spark plugs in my explorer this weekend..If I have time...but no help is needed yet...if I have any engine trouble I'll post it up...thanks

2. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

no i thought you needed help with the whale penis?
    the whole idea behind the whale penis is to act more of a forced induction setup kinda like a turbo or supercharger.it is made to take in large amounts of air and force it trough the throttle body give you more horses.but if it is done right and for example, you have a stock honda civic si vtec est. stock hp is about 150, ok now if it is installed right and you get between 100% an 200% effciency it will make that stock si go from 150 to 200hp so basically it is all about theory and effciency and you need alot of air is needed to gain this kind of performance

3. DREAMZmustang

also you would need to upgrade 19lb injectors to 30lb injectors you would also have to upgrade the exhaust system with bigger pipes for better flow and you might need a ram air hood for more air and to cool that motor.so after all those steps your horsepower would go from stock 150hp to 270hp just following what is done and is so cheap and simple to nothing major just bolt on.
    BIGGER IS BETTER

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I almost got my aunts civic ex...had the d16 vtec motor in there...was a sweet car...all i wanted to do to it was to add a catback and a whale penis...lol...but I got stuck with a 98 explorer

5. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

screw the rice grinder!!!!!! LOL!!!!! stick with the ford explorer!!!!!!!!!!!!! far more room to nail the GF in the back, and if its 4wd you can hill climb and do mud rund!!!!!!!!!

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Don't worry...I've tested out the back with the seats down many a times...lol...very room...but damn it gets hot fast.

With the back seats up its kinda cramped but hell...hit it anyways haha

But now with my 7.2 cu ft box...takes up the whole freakin back so out it must go...for now

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you know years ago i heard that if you get a bar of soap and rub it on the belt it will stop the sqeaking noise for a little while.but replaceing it sounds like the way to go.

8. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

Soap could lube the belt up enough to stop the squeak as a temporary measure, as can all the "Mechanic in a Can" products. If it is indeed the belt. On that sled, I would be concerned about overtightened belts. That is one persnickety thing as far as belt tension goes. Without a belt tension gauge, you are simply guessing. A little too tight, and the power steering pump is toast, and at the very least, the front seal will be sucking air and causing the pump to whine. Belt alignment, and age are factors as well.

Course, this is just some ramblings from an asshole mechanic that rarely lets a car out of his bays for less than $150.00.

By the way, I'm new here, and thought I would say hi to all Y'all. Your knowledge of car audio is simply amazing, and reading through the posts is just a fun and informative thing to do. So, if I can help on any car repair questions, I would be more than happy to do so.

9. DREAMZmustang

FINALLY a car repair buddy a can talk motors with an help people with there questions, like most people say 2 minds are greater than 1

10. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

Hi DREAMZ,

I take working on cars serious, as do the pro's here take what they do just as serious.

11. DREAMZmustang

uh so do i

12. DREAMZmustang

ive been wrenchin since the day i was born

13. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

I'm good with that.

14. DREAMZmustang

thats cool