Car Alarm system

Discussion in 'Car Alarm, Remote Start and other Accessories.' started by Eleu, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Any one done an install for one of these? i think i wanna tackle one, is it difficult? any thoughts or advice on it?

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I moved your thread, I hope you don't mind.

No alarms are not difficult, but they do need to be planned out. The better the planning the smoother it will go.

Is this for an 07 Ford Fusion? If so it will be an easy install. A little difficult because this will be your first. For the Fusion, a majortiy of the wires you need to tap into are in the Smart Junction Box ( SJB ). One wire in the kick panel and two wires at the ignition switch.

Remote Start will require a security bypass, which is wired in at the Key cylinder. A couple more wires will need to be tapped, again no problem.

Take Your Time

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  3. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Lol thanks, i have the moron complex most of the time, i should have snooped around a bit more.

No the install is for the Girlies new FJ, 08 Fj Cruiser. some guy wanted $500 and i figured with my background in car audio, and training in engineering, i could probably manage to figure it out, we used to just outsource our alarms to the dude across the street, he did alarms and tinting, so we worked out a deal, send him the alarms and we'd get free installs for alarms and tint at product cost. lol easier and more cost effective then finding some one to do it and or training one of us.

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

OK, the FJ is not a good beginner vehicle. Lets tackle the Fusion first.

5. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Mm.. gunna have problems with the FJ?

6. DMP

DMP Full Member

Im pretty sure I did an alarm on one of those. It was just an alarm, but I was able to get it done easily. Im not a beginner though.

7. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Mm, I consider myself pretty competent in Electronics, i work in engineering in the broadcast industry, and have been doing proffessional car audio for about 4 years, and hobbiest audio for about 13, i figure i should be able to manage, but i respect Rangers opinions in the field highly. so any suggestions are appretiated.

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Then you souldn't have any problems. The first thing I always do in any alarm install, is to locate all the wire that I have to tie into. I also locate where I want the module (easy access for testing should a problem arise but still well concealed).

If you have any questions ask.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Last Update: 2/12/2009

Circuit Wire Color Location
    Constant 12 volts WHITE/BLUE & BLUE/BLK IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
    Ignition 12 volts BLACK/RED IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
    Starter BLK/WHT & GRN/BLACK IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
    Dome Light SEE NOTES AT BCM*
    Trunk Pin WHITE (-) AT RT SIDE OF BCM,MIDDLE CON,PIN 7*
    Parking Lamp GREEN (-) 16 PIN CONN LOW LFT FRT OF DJB **
    Lock GREEN/BLACK 18 PIN WHITE CONN IN DRIVER KICK
    Unlock BLUE/ORANGE 18 PIN WHITE CONN IN DRIVER KICK #209
    * BCM-Located On RT Side Of Fuse Box ** DF-RED/BLK Pin
    #23,PF-GRN/YEL PIN
    #24,DR-PNK/BLK PIN #11,PR-PNK/BLU PIN #12 All Neg (-) Trigger, Diode Isolate W/ Cathode (Stripe) Towards OEM Wire *** DJB=Driver Junction Block; Located Behind Driver Dash Panel
    #209 - See Child Safety Door Lock Diagram Use BLU/ORG And WHT/RED In WHT Conn From Drivers Door.

Keysense GREEN/YELLOW (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *

OEM Horn GREEN/RED (-) AT RT SIDE OF BCM,BOTTOM CONN PIN 6
    Headlights RED (-) AT RT SIDE OF BCM,TOP CONN PIN 5
    OEM Alarm Arm BLUE (-) DR DOOR HARNESS WHT CONN
    OEM Alarm Disarm PINK (-) DR DOOR HARNESS WHT CONN *
    * Sending A Ground To Key Sense Wire Will Disarm Factory Alarm Without Unlocking Doors.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  9. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Bitchen Ranger, your a pimp and dont ever forget it! thanks again. ill have pics up once it all comes in.

10. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

11. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Alright the new system has arrived! its the Viper 5901, and if the Girlie is around this weekend, and its not snowing too bad i plan on knocking it out!

12. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Keep us posted, I'd like to know how it goes. Especially any problems that you might run into.