Big ?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by treitrei, Jul 24, 2007.

1. danracer

danracer Full Member

i ask too much crap lol

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

lol no you don't

This is what a forum is for...you think you ask too much crap??? have you checked out the over 1000 post thread??

I'd keep the Audiopipes and build a new ported enclosure for em

3. danracer

danracer Full Member

well i started the design and everything on the box, i have all specs and everything, tryed the design in winisd, but i still dont understand how the # of ports affect the performance and sound of my enclosure, i read about the helmholtz resonance but still dont get the things about the ports and everything.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

There is a "rear port air velocity" graph..this tells you how fast the air is traveling in the port at what frequencies....if the air speed is too high there will be port noise. Which is unwanted.

If a port is too small than there will prolly be port noise.

5. danracer

danracer Full Member

what would be like a standard or normal air velocity??

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i just read your post about your speakers and amp issue.

why would you have wanted them to be wired in mono?

7. danracer

danracer Full Member

well i wanted the amp in mono, because when i putted it in mono it was a lot louder than when i putted it on stereo mode... but i putted them now in stereo and adjusted the settings on the preamp and it sounded a lot louder.

8. pedro quiroga

oh ok.sorry didnt mean to offend.

any pics of your gear?

9. danracer

danracer Full Member

yeahh let me upload them and take some pics of the amps

10. danracer

danracer Full Member

i have a really bad wire mess and idk what to do with it...ill show you when i upload the pics in a min

11. danracer

danracer Full Member

okk here is my stuff...

first my Blaupunkt HU

[​IMG]

my kenwood 6x8s

[​IMG]

my power acoustik ps2-1800 amp for the subs

[​IMG]

profile ha1000 amp for speakers

[​IMG]

my "amp rack" with the damn wire mess

[​IMG]

and last but not least my 2 15 audiopipes in doghouses

[​IMG]

12. pedro quiroga

messy?...........please.if i take off my false floor i'll have you beat.

thats neat compared to mine.lol.

i dont have any noise issues and nothing is over heating and every thing still works great for being 12-14 years old.

so i'm leaving it alone.lol

13. pedro quiroga

i think this winter when it gets pretty cold out i'll totally disassemble the truck to re wire.

maybe some 0 gauge.and a new grounding spot.maybe some sound deadning.she's rattling more and more these days.some panel clips are starting to break apart.

14. danracer

danracer Full Member

ohh lol atleast you have a false floor to hide it....but anyways ill need to make another box to house the amps...i need to get a distribution block and move the fuse to the front next to the batt...but before i do all of these ill make a proted enclosure for the 2 subs

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I used to have a Profile Baja HA1000...it was a decent amp. It was a current hog though. I think it put out close to rated power...it pushed a couple 12 inch Type R's pretty good though...that amp got REALLY REALLY hot but it never shut down on me. I even had it wrapped in a small blanket and wedged between the back of my sub box and the back of the rear seats and it never shut down...even when it had NO air flow or anything...The blanket was so the amp would vibrate against the enclosure and F-up. Durable amp

I have those same speakers too...sound pretty good but lack in the midbass department

16. danracer

danracer Full Member

yeah that amp is really good ive never had it w/ out ventilation thou but it runs cool and it makes my 4 kenwoods sound louuud :lol:

17. danracer

danracer Full Member

hey Azn what would be like a good rear air port velocity?? cuz im getting a peak of about 98

18. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

What size port??? for a 15 one 6 inch round port is fine or two 4 inch round ports

19. danracer

danracer Full Member

well i tryed it with 2 4 in ports tuned to 37 Hz

20. danracer

danracer Full Member

shall the subs be in separate chambers when makin a ported box for 2?