Big ass sub pics

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by bigsexxxy69, Apr 9, 2002.

1. stacy532

stacy532 Full Member

Re: Re: Big ass sub pics

:wtf: :bs:

2. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Re: Look at the dude standing next to it

Ah, yes!

Also..

Look, that angle you can see the speaker terminals!
    It has those large screw-style speaker wire input terminals...

Take a look at how tiny they look on that sub!

I have seen this sub in person, and it just makes your eyes pop and a big grin appear on your face as you realy start to wonder "why on earth?".. but don't really care for an answer... ;)

It's unbeleivably huge..

I want one of these..
    And one of those older Sony amps.. the ones that were about 3.5 foot wide by 2.5 foot tall, ever seen one of THOSE?
    That's a visually intimidating amp, that is..

3. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

what kind of power did that sony amp push, was it a consumer amp or was it some sort of professional thing?

4. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I honestly don't know.. it looked cool, very high end, grey heat sink with fins just at the top edge of the amp...

It was a consumer amp for sure, a product that they manufactured, not a one-off SEMA-show-special or something...

I have no idea what power it put out, but I heard one of them in action just this past fall!
    The sub box was pretty much the entire hatch of a newer Firebird, two twelves in a large sealed enclosure..
    There was no back seat, but not because the box was too big... the amp rack was positioned exactly where the back seat's back used to be (in fact, I beleive the seat bottoms were still there... possibly the seat back was replacable).. and it took up the ENTIRE space, top to bottom, left to right.. it's a mammoth amp!

At any rate, the two HCCA 12" subs got DAMN loud off that Sony amp, I imagine it's a pretty powerful beast.. can't imagine why else it WOULD be that large! ;)

I just want one for the visual impact, I wouldn't care if it was 100x2.... :D
    Same goes for the AWT34.. I wouldnt' care if it handled 200 watts and had 5mm of Xmax... it would make an unbeatable visual impact!