Best Head Unit

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by weird22person, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

The eclipse cd8445 has my vote, but considerably more expensive than your budget

2. ramos

ramos Full Member

Alpine should have stayed with the 9835. It's a very nice head unit. IMO much better than most of their current line up :)

3. mrinstall

mrinstall Full Member

Alpine head units are the best. Very user friendly, very clean design, and very high sound quality.

I currently use the IVA W200 and it's the best unit I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot.

The CDA 9856 is a very nice unit with the Ipod full speed capability. You only need to purchase the full speed cable which is very inexpensive. You'll be happy with Alpine products.

4. ramos

ramos Full Member

I just don't understand why they did away with the active crossovers in the new line up. :)

5. weird22person

weird22person Full Member

So good news... The money situation got worked out. (I set a goal of quadruple digits in the bank and i hit that next paycheck) Im getting the CDA-9856 tomorrow or saturday. What will i need to install it in a 95 Corolla?

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'm guessing a dash kit if you have the stock still and a harness and your set.

7. weird22person

Well i have it now. Bestbuy has free install(not including parts) on any HU over $99.99 so i got it installed there. The thing thumps my stock speakers nicely. Im still going for an upgrade in a few weeks.(need more money) Ill probably go with Infinity Reference Coaxils.(5.25 front and 6.5 rear) How easy are these to install? Do i just plug the new ones in, or do i need to get a harness/cut wires?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  8. weird22person

So this friday im getting the new speakers. Ill let you guys know how it turns out.

9. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

sweet.. let us know..

10. weird22person

Well...i got the rear speakers. They sound awesome. Turns out the front speakers are the wrong size. Ill be swapping for the correct size tomorrow. It was a pain in the a** to put them in. I had to remove the entire rear deck and C pillar trim to get to the speakers. I feel bad for those of you who do that stuff for a living.:D

11. weird22person

OK, so the fronts are in. Those things are easy to install. Only took a half hour where the back took me more than 2 1/2 hours.:D

12. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

But most of us that do this for a living, its just another speaker install. Average rear deck job, removing C-Pillars and deck and putting it back together is around 30-45 minutes. Where I work we call it Time In The Saddle.

Yea, the first one sucked for me too.

13. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

hey ranger where do you do your installs?

14. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

oh, I cringe every time I see the title of this thread

15. CadillacETC1997

shall i be a lil bastard and rename it?

16. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

nah, you new sticky will do just fine when we get it carved just right.

17. CadillacETC1997

i edited it see wat you think now, its stickyed and locked

18. Caraudiotalk

Caraudiotalk Administrator Staff Member

Nicely said.

19. weird22person

Maybe you can move and rename it. Move to general and something like "system progress"

20. CadillacETC1997

weird we are refering to a thread i made and stickyed for all to view

thanks alot Joey i appreciate it!