Best-Buy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Willy D, May 5, 2010.

1. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

Is everyone aware of Best-Buy's return policy? I just got an email from someone telling what it is and sure enough, I looked on the back of a receipt from yesterday and it is true...

If you buy something from Best-Buy, there is a 14 day return period...There also is a 15% re-stocking fee they will charge you...if the item was $250 or more, they will mail you a check from corporate, they will not refund it at the store....So here is an example...You go in and pay $500 cash for something and find you do not want it. You take it back to return it the next day...it will cost you $75 to return it and you will have to wait 10 days for corporate to mail you a check for $425....

2. cork1958

cork1958 Full Member

Already kind of an old thread, but I've never had that issue at Best Buy. Never returned anything that expensive either, but...........

I've returned a digital camera that didn't work out of the box and some WAY to expensive gold plated patch cords, that I can remember.

3. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

I buy little stuff from Best Buy, but the few things I returned I never gotten hit with a restocking fee, but then again it could be a new policy. After all, they ran Circuit City outta business. Where else ya gonna buy electronics at in a B&M store? Sears?? Walmart??? ROFL.....

After I found Newegg, I hardly ever buy anything PC related from BB.

Even Amazon is cheaper and has more selection and they deliver it to my door!