Band Tuning

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by subpounder101, May 20, 2011.

1. subpounder101

subpounder101 Full Member

By any chance of a random chance in hell, does anyone know the HZ the drummer plays at/around for;
    Van Halen
    Iron Maiden
    Anarchy Club
    ?:D

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if your asking how low a frequency the kick drum makes, then I can only give you an approximation. The Kick Drum produces the lowest drum frequency and it will be around 60 to 80Hz.

Some experts will disagree with me (I have a friend thats a drummer) and he says its between 50 and 60Hz. He says that how low it goes depends on how you tighten the head. He also said that the lower you go the quieter it gets.

I hope I answered your question

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  3. subpounder101

subpounder101 Full Member

well kind of, your friend is 100% correct. Drummers using different strength on the skin, different skin's, and strength on kicks which all changes the HZ output when recorded live/studio.

Like for instance, Phoenix uses a single kick drum, it has a very loud direct impact feel, were as 311 drummer seems to have more a draw of length into the kick on the drum. But than you turn around and pop Van Halen in who uses a double, but off a CD sounds so low (but last week someone told me something about Van Halen so it kind of explains why Roth and Eddie are louder on CD's than the rest of the band)