alternator whine help!!

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by reed, Sep 28, 2011.

1. reed

reed New Member

hi, i have an http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_25482_Crunch-P1-1000.4.html amplifier, and when i installed it i didnt have any whine. then a month later i wired my system into parallel it was whing like a baby. two speakers per channel for the first two channels and a sub bridged for the last two channels. i wirded the speakers back into series and nothing happened i tried moving my rca's (twisted pair) from the power didnt work, replacing my rca's didn't work added a inline filter, took away all my mid's and trebles, and then wired my decks ground to the ground on the amp still nothing will work. you guys seem to know whats up with this type of stuff so i was hoping you could help

2. steve

steve Full Member

yea,those ground loops are a pain.Try and make sure you have good grounding points(no paint,ect..)make sure to run RCA cables away from power wires.Do this before you hook the ground loop isolator up(just to see).After you do this and hook the GLI back up, if you still have the alt whine you may have a problem with the HU itself.

3. xavionics

xavionics Member

Hi,
    It sounds like the ground for the amp came loose while you were changing speaker configurations.
    Steve is correct, grounding points are important! They must be clean and tight. Including at the battery. You can also try to ground the case of the amp. Run a small (12 - 16 gauge) from one of the mounting bolts to a good ground point.

4. reed

reed New Member

Its not the amplifier we took another one that works great and it still had the whine. what else could it be besides ground loops

5. reed

reed New Member

ps we also hooked up the ground right to the negative of the battery so i know its not a issue of where its grounded