Absinth

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by sandt38, Nov 21, 2004.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Here is a place that sells it.

I know it used to be used as an aphrodesiac, as well as something to "expand" ones mind. Many use it for creativity. I used to get blasted to write songs, poetry, and draw (believe it or not, I can draw like a motherfucker), but since I quit dopin' I have lost my creative edge.

I found this site that sells it, and it is legal to posess in the US, and was thinkin about giving it a shot. I had heard about it, and was browsing one of my underground news sites, and saw an add in the sponsor column. It got me to thinkin about it. I was lookin at the Gold since it contains 10X the Thujone of the regular stuff.

Anyone ever tried it before?

2. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

my only experience with the drink was from watching the movie eurotrip, is this stuff safe at all?

the cannabis vodka looked interesting :D

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Let me Enlighten you with the USA

Good High == Illegal

End of Topic :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

4. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

My friend brought the Staroplzenecky bottle from Amsterdam and I had about 4 shots of straight Absinthe and about 6 shots of Vodka. I felt more high than drunk after drinking it but was no where close to hallucinating or anything. I think you have to drink that stuff all day to start seeing things. Most people prefer to mix absinthe; its VERY strong.

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

:detective:

6. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

doesn't it taste like sweet? Like licorice (sp?)? If it does then it is highly dangerous. From what I know the reason that it is illegal in the US is because it is very easy to die from it....

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

you seem to think the government really gives a rats ass about your Health...

Todays government has one objective CONTROL

that is all....

things are made illegal for ONE REASON.... --- becuase they can

8. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

No, but I believe there was a push from the public for that movement....

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

the "public" is a mass of incoherant sheep that dont even know what date it is (see my Post about the bumper stickers)

10. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Actually it is supposed to be extremely bitter. To properly prepare a drink you need to add sugar to it, either by pouring water over a sugar cube, or by dipping the cube in the Absinth and lighting it allowing it to melt into the drink.

In moderation it is not supposed to be dangerous, of course, as with anything, excess is still dangerous.

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

this is a concept most people dont understand

Like I awlays say

Punish the ABUSE not the USE

12. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

:stupid:

i was thinking the same thing the other day as i was sitting at the burger king drive through... behind me there was a woman who weighed at least 400 lbs who had a handicaped badge hanging from her mirror, a woman so morbidly obiese that she is declared handicaped (and i'm probably paying for her meal with my taxes) SHOULD NOT BE EATING AT BURGER KING!!!!

13. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

We poured sugar into a spoon, added a lil absinth, and light the spoon on fire. We then added the burning mix into a shot glass and let that burn for a little. Taking shots of this stuff is not for everyone; if you cant drink vodka straight dont even bother trying. It leaves you feeling nice and warm afterwards, though.

The reason its illegal is because wormwood in large quantities makes you hallucinate and back in the day people went crazy from drinking it and killed each other. I think they even said that Da Vinci (I think it was him) cut off his ear because he was tripping off this stuff at the time.

Seth, I would love to try that GOLD stuff. Looks like it can do some serious damage.

14. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

yep, I dont agree with that either, doctors should not be giving Handicap authorizations to people are not truely handicap, FAT PEOPLE are not handicap, they are LAZY

I am not "skinny" by any streach of the imagination, I am "overwieght" I know it, I dont care, but I am far far far far far far far far far far from the point of needing a damn handicap plate

onther thing that annoy's me is when I see that same 5ft 400lbs bitch walk in to lowes and sit her fat ass down on one of the Powered Carts... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

those things arent there for lazy bitchs

15. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

LOL, well put!

I dont think I could become overweight even if I tried.

16. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

take about 1-2 years sitting in front of a computer 12-16hrs a day running a online store.............. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I am still trying to burn away all the fat I gained when I was doing Shop4sound

I was 6ft2 and 175lbs when I started the site

When I closed it I was 250..... :D :D :D :D Now I am about 230 :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

but I am not tring super hard to lose it, I only eat 2 times a day and weight lift 3-4 times a week....

17. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

it's funny that the people who need the exercise the most are those most likely to use elevators/escalators, powered shopping carts, backpacks with wheels (these things realy piss me off... what these people cant carry 10-20 lbs of books for 10 min between class?? how fucking lazy can you be??)

18. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Vincent Vangoh cut off his ear (See the painting "Self-Portrait with Bandage") ;)

He cut off his ear to send it to a girlfriend who dumped him... far better then the suicide he was contemplating.

Why fuck around? I don't see any reason to buy the regular for $99 when I can get the Gold with 10X the active ingredient (thujone) for $199... So it should last 10 times longer for only 2 times the money... easy choice IMHO.

19. deyton

deyton Full Member

It does have a slight licorice taste to it, mixed with dash of death. I'd reccomend against drinking it straight in a large glass, because you can quickly end up drinking 20 oz. and on a one way trip to the hospital.

Of course that will only happen if you're a complete dumbass like myself. They never actually did anything at the hospiital, just took my blood pressure and blood alcohol level, which was 0.41. The worst thing is that i don't remember if i had any of the effects of the thujone, but the best thing is that I don't remember any of the violent vomitting.

The sane experience i had with absith was 5 shots with sugar and whatnot, I was seemingly more drunk than would be expected, but nothing special.

20. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Seth if you are trying to trip legally then just buy some salvia. It is the sickest shit you can get. Buy some extract while its still legal. It will make you trip balls.