2002 BMW 330i pics and vids

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jayz85, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Nice amp...if you can get it fixed it would be a fukin beast. I can draw up to 200 amps at 13.8 volts.

3. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

I know... well the shop we always go to... once needed a 2000watt performance tek piece of ish amp and we had one so my brother let them use it... and it fried soo then they sent it back for warranty and its been 3 months since and I asked about it today and they said I could take one of the messed up memphis 2000's from the back(because they have like 5 that have finally given up after about 8 years of hardwork... and I was like whyy not and I called a place to get it fixed and I have to take it in for an estimate. just gotta wait for the box design and I will be ready to beat down the block right? doesnt look too bad you can see the problem area in the pics... the pic of the whole thing has alot of glare the rest of the board is fine. hopefully it wont cost me tooo much.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Looks as if some diodes burnt on that amp and possibly a few capacitors. that shouldn't be expensive to fix.

Correct me if i'm wrong but usually wen a capacitor goes bad it usually blows out the top. right?

5. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

yes they do and will typically have liquid coming out the bottom and top, take that board out so u can see it from behind and make sure you can still easily solder the components.

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

looks nasty...both in a bad way and in a good way lol

7. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

freak nasty

8. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

alright took it completly apart... you guys have no idea how nervous I was taking it out the board to flip it... but heres what it looks like on the bottom... should be fine to solder on again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

has anyone had an amp rebuilt? wanna know what kind of figures im looking at.

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Damn that thing has so many fet's

10. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

fet's? that bad? because if this one looks like alot of work... I can look at the other 4 they have.

11. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

ohhhh nvm... transistors... yea alot. I wish I had the balls to solder in new components for all the burnt ones... but im sure id eff something up.

12. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

ship it to me:)

13. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

ha ha and not get it back.... yeeeeea. I kinda like this amp.

14. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i had to have my vulcans rca input soldered/replaced and it cost 35.

um and a bud had a few fets replaced in his old school orion 6 ch and it cost just under 100,but that was 15 years ago.havent got a clue what it would cost these days.

15. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

haha you'd get it back for sure im not like that. but only after i used it for a day or two to have fun with mwahaha

16. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

so you can really fix it? well give me a couple weeks to gather some money together... where are you located... this thing weighs a bit... gotta consider shipping and parts/labor... I called the place again today... the guy said it can range from a 60 dollar minimum to sometimes 300 bucks to fix a big amp.

17. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

as long as i know what resistors/capacitors i'll need i can fix it for sure. i've done alot of work on computer components

18. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

I think im gonna email them the pics and see what they say. shouldnt be much with them.

19. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

i think they need a new web master. im game!