2 Alpine Type X's!!!!

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by kjchillz, Jan 24, 2007.

1. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

Hifonics: Brutus BXi-2006D. what do u think of that amp? it has 2000w rms its 1ohm stable. wouldnt this be better?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

that amp is a hair under 2 feet long.most amps these days that say they put out 1500 or more dont come close.

that amp was most likely in the 2500 watt range.it was only rated to do 100x2.

i remember seeing their big amp. 36 inchs long. i think.
    run 8 15's at over 3600 watts.now that was back in the day.92 i think.not too sure,was a long time back.

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

kj, don't be too quick to judge an amp by its rating and looks...old school big name amps were notoriously underrated

The 2006 is a fine amp...it is overrated and rated at 14.4 volts.

So if you have supply it with the current and keep the voltage at 14.4 volts than you are going to see nothing of 2000 watts. I'd stick with the Colossus

4. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

For anyone that wants an amp that is going to be havin the crap beat out of it.....I suggest an amp with lots of protection, such as low voltage protection, over heat, etc, and ideally it will have a well regulated power supply.....Soit kicks out the same amount of power whether the input voltage is 11 volts or 15 volts......

5. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

Well i really don't know much about amps. 1 thing I do know is I need 1 to power my type x's! Why is this so hard to find an amp?! arghhhh

6. pedro quiroga

my hifonics vulcan vii is like that.that thing is all of 20 years old and the last time i hooked it up in my truck it was beating the hell out of my doors.
    i've had it run my subs in my old truck.2 12" blue thunders.then my doors at 2 ohms.would run all day long.

was hooked up for 15years in that truck!not one problem ever.never failed or blew a fuse. EVER!!!

7. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I don't recommend IndoAudio...I've heard very very many bad stories about them.

They will be nice to you so you will buy from them...then after that they cut you off and don't ever asnwer you back if you have problems and there warranties aren't worth a donky's sh!t.

9. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

which soundstream amp would u reccomend for the 2 type x's? the 2000w 1 or the 3500w

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Either will work perfectly...whatever you can afford...I wouldn't say the 3500 if you can't supply it with the current needed

11. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

Is soundstream a good quality product? because my brother is telling me that it is wayy too cheap to be so decent. the 2000watt 1 is about $350-400.

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

soundstream is a good reliable product...you're brother doesn't know what he's talking about...their are 2000 watt amps out there that cost much more than 2000 dollars but for your situation the 2000 watt Soundstream will do very nicely.

13. pedro quiroga

why not a jl 1000/1.500 watts each is alot.or do 2 of them.
    they put out their rated power for sure.

14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

They sure do....But for the price I wouldn't get one. I'd rather get a Sundown 1500D

15. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

thanks aznboi for the help again. you seem to know your car audio :)

16. pedro quiroga

yeah the sundown is a more powerful amp for the money.
    i was just throwing out some more suggestions.

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

No problem....I know what I know. But I still learn something new from others every day

18. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

yes it seems like theirs so much to learn. I've had to intake so much information about car audio in a short period of time. I really like it though. I can't wait for that bass!