2 Alpine Type X's!!!!

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by kjchillz, Jan 24, 2007.

1. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

I would use only 1 sub but thats not enough bass for me. Plus i already spent the additional money for the 2nd subwoofer. the soundstream 2000watt shouldnt kill my battery. Im just telling you all i CAN'T upgrade my alternator or battery! So i guess all i can do is take a risk with my battery huh?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ok then.so just beef up the wireing.are you going to get an amp for your mids and highs too?thats gonna suck up the juice too.if you dont crank it up ALL the time you should be ok.

i'm running at least 1200 watts in my truck with a 105 amp alt.and it's fine.

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

See...telling us the make, model, and engine size of your vehicle greatly helps us...before you told us you had a V8 jeep we could have thought you had a little Tercel with a 45 amp alternator...lol

I'd say you will be fine with 0 gauge big three and 0 gauge power and ground wires....But I would upgrade your battery under the hood to a deep cycle with more reserve capacity

I would say look underneath your truck and find the ground straps connecting the body to the frame and upgrade those too...Not many people do.

4. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

well thanks for all the help. are you sure i dont need an alternator? I would really prefer not to buy 1 lol

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'd say you won't need a new alternator if you upgrade your battery under your hood

6. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

Well thats greatttt! Do you have any suggestions to a powerful battery? Any websites or something? thanx

7. pedro quiroga

i read in consumer reports that auto zone batteries are very good.

8. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

im goin wit the stinger's. they are the **** i hear

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I would not suggest stinger batteries...yeah they are good but are overpriced for the product

I would rather get a Kinetik, Odyssey, or reguler wet cell battery..but a deep cycle.

I got my Duralast Gold from Autozone...around 60 bucks and is awesome. I would recommend it to anyone.

10. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

bang for buck I like the Autozone batteries... if you have the money a lot of people like the Optima batteries. I have also run an Interstate Megatron with great success on my previous cars.

11. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

well im going for the two mrdm1005 amps. Aznboi u said that ur friend had those amps and they sound nice on the 2 type x's. so i mine as well give it a try. plus they are only like 330ea wit shipping. anyone suggest anything different?

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Those will work great...I'd run one 0 gauge to the back to a distro block into two 4 gauges to the amps

13. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

would it work better if i used 0 gauge wiring for everything?

14. pedro quiroga

i;ve never seen a distro box with 0 out,but then i havent been looking.lol.

if you do find one DO IT!also dont scimp and buy a cheap wireing kit.good cables cost more than you might want to spend.so dont forget to budget that in.

what about getting one amp.sundownz got one that puts out 1500 watts at 1 ohm.not sure on priceing though.
    i'm sure 1 amp will not suck the juice like 2.
    750watts per is alot.would most likely be easier to find the room for the 1 insted of 2.

15. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

well no 1 has really came to a conclusion on what 1 amp to power these 2 type x's. Id prefer 1 amp but i need to put 1000 watt rms on each sub. helpppppp

16. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

are u kiddin me man? that amps looks horrible and it wouldnt even be enough watts to power my subs. thanx anyways

17. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Actually kjchiilz, that amp would do a fine job of powering your subs. US amps was an up and coming company back in my day. Some of our vehicles competed against others with those amps. THe US amps did a good job actually and I saw one beat out a Orion system in SQ (one that I judged BTW, And i a m a die hard Orion fan). i dont remember the design parameters of the amps or there real world power output, but they were a good amp. Dont dismiss it as an option!

18. kjchillz

kjchillz Full Member

ok but wouldnt i need 2 of those amps?

19. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

One would do fine.

But i must also say, that i am one who usually wont buy used electronics. especilally off of flea bay