Viking Audio

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by electrolytic, Apr 18, 2007.

1. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

i bet i'm missing an outer ring or something...

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yeah I think so...it may be kinda like the Power Acoustik Fubars and the W7's Where the surround goes over the mounting holes

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I don't think the screws are going through the speaker with this kind of ring.

Attached Files:

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

are you sure the outer ring doesnt unscrew?or just go to thier web site and look

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I didn't get any extra parts, just the sub, there is a thin rubber piece over the whole rim and over top of the holes, maybe that strip of rubber comes off but i don't want to start picking at it if it's not supposed to lol. I emailed rockford fosgate, waiting to hear back.

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Hey, was the orion 2250 built before orion sold to DEI ? Is it a good amp, as good or better than mine? Also is the 225 hcca the only model that is 1 ohm stable? Also there is a 2250 SX

8. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

The 2250SX was indeed built before DEI.

The 2250SX is virtually identical to the 2100HCCA....The only difference beside the color is the power supply in the 2100 does a little less in its voltage output, this is why it is one ohm stable. One amp IS NOT better than the other!!!!!

The 225 HCCA is half ohm stable. The others were all one ohm stable. meaning the 250 HCCA and 2100 HCCA.

Just a quick little bit onfo here. The 225 HCCA and 275 SX were neatly identical, as was the 2150 SX and 250HCCA, just like the 2100/2250......again, the only real differences were the power supply

THe only real benefit of using the HCCA amps over the SX was for lower power class ratings for competition!!!

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

cool, thanks! Might get another 2100 in the future, a friend for my first one lol.

10. TheViking

Would be best to donate one of those amps to me.....I will even pay for shipping!!!!! lOL!!!

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol, ok the shipping will be $600.00us

12. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Soooo, i paid that wench i hit in the parking lot $620.00 today, that hurts..could have had that nice ED sub paid and delivered to my house for that much. But she needs a website lol so maybe i'll get it back.

13. pedro quiroga

hey vik quick question on the orion sx amp's.are they 2 ohm mono stable or just 4 ohm mono stable.

also are the hott sett up amps the same as the sx models.in particular the 2.125.is that the same as or close to the 2150 sx?

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  14. TheViking

Alll the SX models are 4 ohm load on the mono output.....

The hottsetup....never messed with them, other than a few amps here anf there.....they were NOT an orion amp.,,,,

15. pedro quiroga

oky doky.only 4 ohm.....hmm then i guess i might have to get another L5 one day.

i want to switch out to the old school sx amps one day.:cool:

maybe after next tax season.:lol:

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Well, trying to make this better...I will make these 6x9s fit and kick ass eventually. So i'm still going to mount them backwards but against the metal of the door this time and i was hoping to fiberglass the door panel up to the back of the speaker and leave just the back part of the speaker sticking out. And i wanted to try my new black and decker lol. I know i'm a butcher but you gotta use what you have and make it work. Any suggestions are welcome! Would fiberglass in a can stick to the door panel vinyl?

Attached Files:

17. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

how it was before...

Attached Files:

18. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

19. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Was bored so figured i'd butcher up my car some more lol...Getting there. Was thinking of fiberglassing over the whole bottom piece of the door and over the speaker up to the curvy line to seal it right in and have a small port for the 6x9. It make a huge difference like this now, it sounds like i have a small bass box in the car lol.

Attached Files:

20. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files: