Viking Audio

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by electrolytic, Apr 18, 2007.

1. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yes...anything is possible with metal fabrication

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I got my Pac 200 Relay today, wohooo, this thing looks serious, will handle 200 amps and 300 amps peak. I can hook this up to my power line without the battery in the trunk yes? It will be one less thing to do later.

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yeah you can

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Sweet, Thanks, This is going to be Sick!! I should receive my sub within a couple weeks. The box i designed is putting out about 122 db at around 35 hz, is this a good output for the orion amp? With 800 watts rms.

5. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

That is a kick ass ouput!!!

From about 40 Hz on up........add 10 Db to your figures, that will give an idea of how loud it will get in the car...

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

cabin gain cant really be accurately accounted for...but either way it'll be a lot louder than what WinISD says

7. TheViking

Actaully, in most vehicles, 10 Db is about right. Subs behind the seat of a truck are lower in gain typically, around 5-6 dB.....

Its just a general rule of thumb.....not entirely accurate, but gets ya in the ballpark

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Hey, well my sub is paid for today, he gave me time to pay. The Rockford Fosgate sub ended up costing me just over $400.00 canadian and my Orion amp was around $700.00 canadian. Not bad considering i've already spent probably twice that in the last year and fried most of it. I have the Pac 200 relay already so i just need to build an enclosure now and get a battery and a couple ANL fuses. Wohoooo. I guess i'm going to have to get theft insurance also and take pics of everything installed.

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I should get my sub by Friday and i hooked up the Pac Relay today, works great!! Soldered and Heatshrink...Wohoooooooo. The day of reckoning is approaching!

10. TheViking

post pics...........

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ok but don't call me ghetto lol, it's still temporary, i haven't made my amp rack yet, just getting things sized up and ready!

12. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

13. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

15. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

17. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

That's it, need more stuff lol

Attached Files:

18. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

god damn that is one sexy amp....big muther fuker too

I would have mounted that relay up in the engine bay but it really doesn't matter

19. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ya, i started out wanting to put the relay in the front but there wasn't really any good place and i would have had to drill and cut some power wires so i said screw it lol. I'm still running one of these ghetto blaster speakers at 6 ohms behind my seat and haven't fried it yet lol. So i think i'm ready for the big subwoofer now. Gotta get some mdf too..

Attached Files:

20. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

feels like a Rockford Fosgate Day today!! Woooooooo, should have my sub tonight.

ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-TRF2212

12" Team RF DVC series subwoofer
    Cast Aluminum Frame
    2000W RMS power handling
    4000W Peak power handling
    Ultra light cone assembly
    400 oz motor structure
    LXursion cast aluminum basket
    Dual 1.4 ohms voice coils
    RRP £1599.99

Attached Files: