The Insanity Has Begun

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Ranger SVO, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

Awesome job on both Ranger.

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Thanks, and I havent heard from you in a while. Have you been that busy?

3. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

Hiya Ranger,

Been busy, and got a few irons in the fire. Getting too old to be crawling around 1 ton 4x4's and such. Why I felt your pain when you said the hardest part of the Camaro was getting in and out of the thing. The powers that be seem to think that age doesn't catch up to folks.

Plus, this time of year, the Griswold comes out in me. The 3 weekends before Thanksgiving are taken up with throwing lights up on the house. After that, the malls, making cards, such like that, get my attention.

Will be a sad day when you hang up the tools Ranger. Your passion and care for the art of noise will be, and should be missed. But, after reading your posts helping others, teaching looks to be tailer made for you. Just don't get discouraged when you find 1 out of 50 will "get it". I have a feeling that in time, that ratio will go up in your favor.

4. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

sorry, I'm bringing back a dead thread but how did that box in that cutlass turn out? I am debating on doing something like that.

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

wow jonny, you are bringing this thread back from the dead.

6. jonnyv713

I know, but I couldn't go without talking to ranger about that box.

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

you're willing to give up your back seat for the box?

8. jonnyv713

possibly....

9. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

That box was and still is insane loud. Its actually painful to sit in it when its cranked up.

The only problem that you will run into is the fact that you need to continuously trial fit as you build. A box that size doesn't go in and out of the car unless the seats are out. So plan on parking it for a few days. Also take your time, You will be making more than one adjustment as things progress.

Run all your wires before putting the box in, working around the box would be difficult. A project like this requires a lot of planning.

10. jonnyv713

paintull to sit in.. There we go! That's what I'm looking for! Is that partly because it is in the actuall cabin with you instead of the trunk.

Also, I know that you deal planet audio, and I was wonderin how the torque 1201d would do for my 13kv.2's. Naturally, I would need two of them for all four of the subs.

If they are good stuff and will fit the bill, would I dare buy them from onlinecarstereo.com? They only want 200 for that amp.

11. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

if your willing to get rid of the rear seat then wall that thing off.

12. jonnyv713

well... I'm not sure if I really want to. It would be a good wow factor but then people would expect wayy more out of it. Maybe I should stick it in the trunk instead. But, what do u guys think of those amps?

13. pedro quiroga

nice, but i like the look of the bb2400 tho. 600watts each. would that be too much power?

14. jonnyv713

it wouldnt be 2400 because if i wire all of them together it would be 2ohm thats why i will get more power if i get 2 of the smaller amps and run them at 1ohm each

15. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Lose the back seat. The guy who owns this car says the "wow" factor is the ultimate reason for having it. And when someone hears it for the first time, it scares them (you always let them hear it for the first time sitting in the car, windows up, cranked three quarters of the way up, favorite rap CD) Thats what the owner told me.

He says the look on their face when the first bass note hits is priceless.

16. pedro quiroga

oh i see.....

17. jonnyv713

will my 4 12's fit back there then? And, will it be as loud, if not louder?

18. pedro quiroga

im sure it will be louder as you wont have as much cabin space try and pressurize. you still talking bout walling it off?

19. jonnyv713

I don't think I want to wall it, just build a box like ranger did.