Some pictures of a dirty ass car my shop detailed.

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by cccullen, Mar 6, 2007.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

back in December we had this guy bring in his toyota and he wanted to have the interior detailed. The seats were pretty ripped up and it was just totally filthy, i've never seen something this bad. If you even touched the interior your hands would get dirty.

Take note, the first picture shown was while we were in the process of cleaning the headliner. This black portion is NOT a shadow, that's how dirty this thing was.

Attached Files:

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

what the hell??? I mean did he have a wooden stove in there??

3. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

flooded maybe and grew mold?

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I have no idea azn. we just clean up their mess. Probably from driving with the windows open all the time. All the deisel fumes usually stick to the upholstery. It was a bitch to clean. Had to go over it a couple times to get it looking right.

Here's a few more pics. First two are a before and after of a '00 expedition engine that we did. The other is an engine of an '02 CLK and the last is a pic of a '98 C class brought the paint job back to life.

Attached Files:

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

May have been flooded at one time or another. The door panels looked like it had some flood damage.

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

so what exactly does your shop do?? just restorations and cleaning??

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

It's actually a car wash and detailing shop. Exterior, interior and engine detailing, Lime and scale removal, tar and adhesive removal, waterspot removal and headlight cleaning. We also do tinting and paintless dent repair. Just small stuff, I'd like to get into painting and mechanical work but my space isn't big enough for all of that. I work full time and i have my small shop to put attention to on whatever small time i have left. Just something i thought i'd do to keep me even more busy.lol

8. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

what state are you located in? Wish I knew people like you on this forum in my state. Everybody is either a state away or further.

9. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

wow...i offer detailing at my shop to, and we had a customer come in with an old POS honda and when you opened the door there was about a foot of cigarette ashes, it was horrible and of course it was an old lady, but i mean you couldnt even breath in there it was so bad, so we vaccummed it out, tore apart the interior, like the rug and seats and then extracted everything, and threw it back in

10. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i belive he is in guam.

what do you use to clean an engine?mine is clean but nothing like that.
    i tried armor all once but it atracted sooo much dust later.was worse than before.

11. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

we should ask joey to open up a detail area of the forum of which you should be the head guru imho

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

DREAMZmustang, That's usually what we do also. We just pull out the whole interior and clean it outside the car and then reinstall it. Once you put it back in you never have any odor problems.

Pedro, we use a lot of different chemicals to clean the engine. For all the aluminum parts we use an aluminum cleaner it's very consentrated so we mix it 10:1 (take another look at the CLK engine and look at the evaporator) the stuff really makes aluminum look new again. It's just a little dangerous to use if you don't know what your doing. We also use all purpose cleanerand lime and scale remover. almost all of the stuff i use is either Mark V or Mothers. You actually can use armor all on the engine, the trick to it is just water it down a bit with water about 1:4. That way you still get the amor all look on all the black plastic but the dust won't stick to it as bad. Where i live in the Philippines, it's VERY dusty here and i also have to consider that. I do my engine myself all the time and i don't have any real problems with dust sticking to the plastic.

Engine detailing is a real pain in the butt cuz we have to clean every little screw and bolt, Draining some of the fluids in order to clean the inside of the plastic containers/reservoirs. I can't explain how much of a pain in the ass it is but maybe DREAMZ can vouch for that.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  13. ThomasG

ThomasG Full Member

That is crazy! Pulling apart the engine. I used to detail and I just hit it with some Ardex Auto Marine Cleaner, scrub it with a brush, rinse it, and spray it with some dressing. Looked good, but I guess if people are going to do show, they need every piece of rust, gunk, and junk out of the hood so it looks like new at the show. It sounds to me like you are more of a resortration shop, cause I dont know any detailers that would pull out pieces underneath the hood to clean it (I would it the price was right) GOOD LUCK with the buiness.