Orion HCCA 2100 Competition Amplifier

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by electrolytic, Apr 5, 2007.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

damn electro, you're planning to run two of those orions? When that is said and done i'll bet people will hear you from a mile away.lol

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

hmmmm now you might need a new amp rack....and after all that work.

also alfa those specs are accurate from that site.well they are the manufacturer's spec's.actual numbers are higher.

glad to hear you solved your bass probs.

about that pg bass cube.is that like an audiocontrol epicenter?

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I just wanted it for parts in case mine ever blew up. If it's making horrible bass and moving the sub weird then it's more than likely blown.

4. AlfaNewB

AlfaNewB Full Member

no way the amp is blown, the bass sounds clean no distortion at all. i think its the sub that requires more power, the pg basscube is a bass enhancer, it has a tone adjuster, bypass and gain. its the best thing out here i recomend one if your missing bass tones from a few tracks. its like that final adjustement to get the bass youre missing

5. pedro quiroga

ok so it is like an epicenter.it would just be overkill in my setup.
    i would only need it for a dozen or so songs in my library out of 1200+songs.

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

sorry for stealing the tread but, I saw this and I have no idea what it is for. its a BX-15 DIGITAL BASS PROCESSOR EPICENTER. What do they do and are they really needed for me or is it just overkill?

Attached Files:

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ok, i thought you were saying it had a problem, never mind then, i can't afford another.

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

All this does is boost the signal...if used incorrectly you can fry speakers and amps fast.

I've never used one...Not need IMO

9. pedro quiroga

it is a bass restorer.with older music that lacked in the bass department it helped out a lot.with music these days it would be overkill.
    The Epicenter Bass Restoration Processor

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ok, learn something new everyday. I don't really listen to older music anyway. Thanks!

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

lol it "steals" the bass from your ipods.

I play 10-50Hz tones just as loud with my Zune than with a lossless file on a cd

12. pedro quiroga

the first time i heard one in use was on an 8in bazooka with 100 watts on it.
    it sounded like a much bigger sub.
    now this was back in the early 90's.it mixes in deep bass into music that has none,and back then cassettes where the norm,and it helped them out.

oh if i remember correctly he had a 4ch ppi pro mos amp.l think it was 25x4.

13. pedro quiroga

lol.your ipod steals it not the other way around.

but i dont here to much of a diffrence listening to the same song on cd or my ipod.

for sq you cant beat a cd though

14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

true...but I set my Zune software to not compress songs and convert everything to 320kbs so nothing is lost basically

15. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I asked for some info on another site, here's the quotes from different people.

If you are planning on using the / these 2100's for daily use...I would not recommend running them at 1 Ohm. Can they do it, sure for how long, well that will depend on:

Cooling
    Power Supply
    And your relationship with the man upstairs

Yes the amp can be run at 1ohm but that requires alot of current.

OK I read these manuals.....guess what? Only 1 Ohm stereo stable aka 2 Ohm mono stable as well. Catching a pattern here?

I am not saying it can't be done for SPL burps. Back before Orion was bought by Directed, I have had countless "Well what if I did this?" or "How about I set it up like this?" questions that I bounced off the tech support. Guess what NONE of them would tell me that it would be OK at 1 Ohm mono. But it is your amp, your repair bill if when it blows.

New system under design:

Pioneer Avic-N1
    Pioneer AXM-P8000 (5.1 controller stupid that the AVIC needs this)
    Pioneer DEQ-P8000 (5.1 processor)
    Pioneer CDX-P680 (6 Disc CD changer)
    Pioneer XDV-P90 (6 Disc DVD changer)
    Pioneer GEX-P910XM (XM tuner)
    Pioneer GEX-P6400TV (TV tuner don't ask why I just got it because it was available)
    Audiocontrol 6XS (3-way crossover)
    *Audiocontrol 6XS (3-way crossover)
    AudioControl DQS (6 channel 30 band digital EQ)
    Phoenix Gold Bass C.U.B.E. (may omit this piece)
    *4xOrion HCCA-10.4 (for subs)
    2xOrion HCCA-D5000's (sub amps)
    2xOrion HCCA6s components (fronts and rears)
    1xOrion HP-4800 (front/rear MID amp)
    *1xOrion HP-4800 (front/rear HIGH amp) Ordered should be here soon!!
    1xOrion HCCA5s components (center, yes all 4 not just 2)
    1xOrion HP-2400 (center amp)
    2xMBQuart QM200 8" mid-bass driver (front bass/mid-bass)
    1xHP-4600 (bridged to 2 channels for front bass/mid-bass)

All in a 01 Saturn SC2

I ran that bad boy at 1ohm mono for about 2 years, and I had NO problems with it what-so-ever. I love that amp. It is a friggin beast, hands down the best amp I have EVER owned! If you have one keep it.

i've installed countless 2100 in past years and ran them at 2ohm mono load no problems, i've been told you can run these at 1 ohm mono load with an upgrade, what is the upgrade or have i been mislead?

i have run them at 1 ohm mono without problems

I also ran one in the past at 1 ohm with no problem, i had a second battery and a cap when i ran mine though.

just to let you know with 2 extra batteries and a 5 farad cap. you can make that amp .25 ohm ive had it set up that way pushing 4 orion xtr pro 15's

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

This is the best quote lol .25 ohm, what would that be 8000 watts rms lol wow

just to let you know with 2 extra batteries and a 5 farad cap. you can make that amp .25 ohm ive had it set up that way pushing 4 orion xtr pro 15's

17. vjw757

vjw757 New Member

I just got a ORION HCCA-D2400 (HCCAD2400)
    MONO Class-D 2400W Competion AMPLIFIER

Has anyone used one. Is it a good amp?

18. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

looks descent, which subs you going to run? Class D amps are nice, run cooler and are more efficient

Model Number HCCA-D2400
    Max Power 2400
    4 Ohm Rating 425 x 1
    2 Ohm Rating 800 x 1
    1 Ohm Rating 1200 x 1
    Mono Rating -
    Freq. Resp. 20Hz - 250Hz
    THD+N < 1%
    Damping factor > 50
    Signal to noise ratio -57dBA
    Crossover range/scope LP 30 - 250hz 12/24 db octave
    Input sensitivity 200mV - 5V
    Safe load impedance 1 ohm
    Equalization Circuit Intelli Q 10 db
    Remote level control Included
    Amplifier protection* T,D,R,S,O
    Externally Bridgeable Yes
    Dimensions** 12.6” x 10.2” x 2.4”
    *T - Thermal protection, D - DC offset protection, R - Reverse polarity protection, S - Short circuit protection, O - Over/under voltage protection
    * All power ratings are @ 13.8VDC supply Voltage, all channels driven

19. smcustomperform

smcustomperform New Member

sorry know its old post but have 3 2100,s 1st,2nd,and3rd gen. also dozens of old school orions equip(being an ex dealer in a busy market during heyday in compitition and industry in general!!! personaly one of best "cheater" amps of that era and even holds up today!!! i also have 2 97.1s,97.3 very rare comp amps the best amps of orion in my humble opinion were 2nd gen 425,and 225 and 250 hcca's (better than 1st because you dont need bdg modules)the 25's are 1/4ohm stable and 250 is 1/2 ohm these amps had great specs and made great sq amps even for high current models!!!great s/n ratio,high damping factor and stereo seperatin,slew rate etc were phenominal back before the famous "class" system of today's amps.i even have a couple of GS series!!! anyone remember them?other great amps of the day: ADS,soundstream,and in own way Rockford fosgate,u.s. amps and hifonics came on in early 90's,then BAM craziness!!!back then zapco made amps for alot of people,(before Directed bought everyone lol) so they had huge market share in the goldrush mentality of mid 90's but they actualy made good products unlike when directed took over our great co's like ppi,orion,phenox gold etc.then we got the amps that were sufboards but when opened up had 2/3 of it was empty and had "huge output claims"which wernt a weighted obviously!! IM rambling so i will say viking you seem to know a bit would love to talk sometime,and if anyone wants info on "OLD SCHOOL" stuff i have lots of Original manuals,factory tech info,literature,pics of iasca comp cars owned by myself and others feel free to inqire dan@ dangerousdan55@hotmail.com(same e-mail since 96)also have old Flip,"Brick" and Bag phones from day as well lol.