New DD Stuff

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by cab, Jan 31, 2003.

1. cab

cab Full Member

Check out DD's site (www.ddaudio.com). They've got some new pics up, as well as a new logo on their site, and a few other things. Just thought I'd pass it along..

2. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Wow, 10 guage speaker wire. Those midbasses look pretty mean too.

3. cab

cab Full Member

Oh yeah. Some guy I met from CAF runs a pair of the 6.5 midbasses, runs them as midbass and midrange with 200 watts per side and he said it gets stupid loud..

4. crakerhead

crakerhead Guest

did u just say 200 to each midbass?

5. ASM

ASM Full Member

There doesn't appear to be anything new about the midbass other than the price; nearly $40 more each :unsure: . Glad I got mine when they were cheaper.

6. cab

cab Full Member

Yeah, 200 per midbass.

How do you like yours? How do they sound?

7. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

I havent dealt with any DD product, are they worth the price? The subs (9500 series) seem rather pricey and power hungry.

8. ASM

ASM Full Member

I run mine with 150 watts per woofer just as midbass. I really like them. They are very clean and very accurrate; and they are extremely powerful. They definitely pick up where my Quarts are missing, and then some. The only reason I would get a different midbass would be to try out the Koda's. And now the Koda's would be cheaper. I had a a pair of Kicker RMB6's before, and these DD's beat the pants off the Kickers in everyway.

9. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

Dmanit now Im gonna have to order a 9515e :D

10. cab

cab Full Member

lol, yeah I've got the b models too. I emailed DD and they said its about 2.3" peak to peak working excursion with coil left in the gap. He said the c models and newer have about 3". I can get them upgraded for $120 per driver plus shipping. I don't think it's worth it, unless I was competing. I'll probably goto competitions just for the hell of it, but I'm not a hardcore competitor. I'm considering building an SPL vehicle sometime down the road. I'd be using an old stationwagon. I'd definately run DD, probably 2 9515's with 4-5kw on each. Should throw up some pretty impressive numbers.

To the guy that asked if the 9500s are worth it, hell yes. They get fucking killer loud, and have decent SQ if given the right enclosure. They also can take loads of power. I'm running 2 JBL 1200.1s, one to each of my 9512s now, and they take it like a breeze. I wouldnt hesitate putting 2kw on them for daily driving. They're not really pricey, considering the performance. I think they're about $440 for the 12s, directly from DD. The prices on their website are like a hundred bucks high or something. Why? Don't know. Seems like they'd post the prices they're sold at, instead of their suggested prices, hehe.

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

they are listed for Retail because you can not order direct from DD to my knowelge IF you have a local DD dealer

they will sell to you direct for MAP only when there is not local dealer in your area, Imagae Dynamics is the same way