New box (still in the making)

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by cccullen, Mar 4, 2009.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

HI all, thanks to Azn i have a new box. It's not finished yet and it looks rough but once i get it grinded down a bit and vinyl on it, it will look great! Here's what it looks like so far. Sorry, i couldn't do any build pics, i was pressed for time and i finished it up at about 7pm saturday night. I hate working in the dark!

Attached Files:

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I will be posting more pics over the weekend to show the finished product.. this box is going to SLAM!!!

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

see how it sounds first damnit...I wanna know how it wangs

4. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

Thats gona be sweet. Hurry up and hook it up. We want to no the results of how it sounds, then how it looks.

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

don't make the cover panels yet...there is a back up remember

6. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

thats Sweet!!!! I wanna hear it baaaadddd!

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I'm sure this box will wang azn. I'm so sure that i want to make the panels. I will get on it this week to see how it sounds. I'm excited too. I'll pass by the car audio shop and pick up a terminal tonight so hopefully by tomorrow i can get this thing hooked up!

I took well over 100 screws!!! prolly close to 200. It took forever getting all the screws in. lol

8. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

wow thats a lot of screws! looks good.

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

You call that a box? haha just messing with ya. It looks mean, nice job, which subs is it for and how many watts you pushing?

10. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

he's rockin two 13ov.2s off a nine.1 at 1 ohm. azn im gonna need to get this 1/4 wave info off you. box looks solid and wangable.

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

i'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow. i've been busy this week but tomorrow afternoon they are going in for sure. i'll take short vids. i have the whole afternoon to work on it.

12. pedro quiroga

sweet! its just gonna be me and my pressman at work tomorrow so i can get online without having to wait till i get home to see the results.

13. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

sorry all, i'm still not done. Saturday went real slow for me and i couldn't get much done. i wanted to get it hooked up but i couldn't get the look i was looking for myself so i have to seek professional help. lol

the box is with this guy now and he's doing the cladding for the box and upholstering it for me too. Looks like it may be done sometime this week. I know, it sucks and i'm excited more than anybody else but I want it to look good this time around...

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

UPDATE:
    it's taking forever for the guy to get the cladding finished but i went there yesterday and it's going to look awesome. You'll know the reason why i went hands off on this one when you see it.lol It should be ready tomorrow and I'll hook up everything. I'll take some pics and vids. I hope this new box will slam!

ha! i have an eD logo on the top on my box now. :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  15. pedro quiroga

nice. can't wait to see it.

16. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

well, here's a partial look of what the box looks like. They are still working on it but it should be finished in another hour. Looks like i'm going to be up late tonight remounting the amps and subs and redoing all the wiring. Tell what you guys think of the new look that will be going in my truck... :)

Attached Files:

17. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

holy crap man that is so sweet, I bet that it slams to.

18. pedro quiroga

oh snap that looks awesome. are those ports on both sides?

19. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Thanks!

I just made a (fake)2nd port on the right side to even the look out. I couldn't finish it last night so I'm about to start working on it again today. I will have this finished today! lol

Here are some test fit pictures. Well, it's back to work for me....

Attached Files:

20. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Get some speaker grill cloth and staple it to the insides of both "port" openings so the "dummy port" looks more realistic. Coming along very nicely.