Need some explaining on some stuff

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sl0wm03, Dec 30, 2006.

1. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

cd player sends the music signal to the amp via High Level (speaker outputs from head unit) or low level (RCA's)

Amp amplifies that music signal and sends it to the subs.

basically what goes on

2. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

I'm talking in terms of hooking up the wires. Like the 4gauge wire we talked about previous. I know it goes into the sub, then it would wire into the amp, then the amp wires into what? Then that goes to what?

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

power wire from battery goes to amp...amp is grounded to chassis with same gauge wire.

Amp has speaker outputs...you just wire the sub to those speaker outputs

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

dont forget the remote turn on.that goes from the radio to the amp.

your amp is always hooked to the batt.your remote turn on just tells it when to turn on.like a light switch.

5. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

Thanks..

How do you know what to set your Tuning Frequency to?
    I'm messing around with a Bass Box program, and I know that you're box needs to be tuned to some.... I think.

6. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Are you using BassBox? For beginners its a little complicated and I would recommend WinISD, its much easier to use.

If you need answers about BassBox, those of us that use it will be happy to answer any questions that you have.

Tuning, I typically tune between 38 and 42 Hz and most of the time this works out. While this will work with many speakers, it will not work with all speakers. Thats why we use software to see whats going on.

Experiment a lot and have fun

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yeah...bastards.

My computer is f*cked up and won't open up BassBox.

DAMNIT ALL!!

I'll stick with WinISD

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Did you say that this will be in an extended cab pick up?

This is one of those cases that I tend to tune high, shoot for 42 to 45 Hz. This will take advantage of the smaller cabin area. I would not go higher than 45.

9. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

I do have WinISD, I can't get BassBox Pro to work properly, not even install, but that's ok.
    Yes it will go in an extended, but not in the silverado. Soon I'll be getting a 96 Chevy S-10 Extended Truck. Taking out the backseats so will have extra room to build a bigger, taller box.

10. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

Dosen't a capacitator store up energy? Just a question, I'm not getting one.

What does it mean when you "bridge" something

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Common azn get with the times already, even the noobs are going to leave you in the dust haha. format or maybe your version is corrupted

12. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

OO OO OO im a computer geek:) haha. but fixing 20 computers everyday starts to burn ya out:(. I work at the only pc repair/custom shop in the area so of course we get alot of business.

13. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

that would be when u say for example u have a 2 channel amp(could be more) and u run both channels together into 1 or multiple subs to pump more watts into them.

heres an example using the specs from an Elemental Designs NINe.2

Model Name : NINe.2 Amplifier
    RMS Power @ 12.5v : 2 x 100 @4 Ohm, 2 x 150 @ 2Ohm
    RMS Power (Bridged) @ 12.5v : 1 x 400 @ 4Ohm

14. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

:D Another fellow computer geek? I am too, I know way way way way way more about computer and I'm still in high school taking Computer Repair classes lol..... Talkin about making alot of deniro eh

Oh, so it's just kindof making the power stronger, putting them together... Thanks, I'm sure i'll have more questions for the people of the car audio.

15. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

im 18, junior in high school and never took a class in my life. they offered me 2 career techincal classes as a freshman when ur supposed to be at least a junior. sadly im moving away from computers though and venturing into many other careers.... such as car audio haha.

16. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

I'm gonna be a junior in 6 days, I'm trying to learn and keep up with car audio that's how I came to the site, they know their sh**. Starting my second year of Computer Repair, I'm all around with technology so will have more than one choice... But that's still good theres more than one future out there.

17. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

my specialties are repair/troubleshooting, custom builds, networking, sales, and some business analysis.

18. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I am finishing up Welding Technology at the Southern Indiana Career and Technical Center...the most up to date career and tech center in the whole USA.

Boo yah

19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Electro...use BassBox all you want. WinISD is all I need. I feel pretty confident in my abilities now. Ranger as taught me more than BassBox can and also I've built a few boxes and have learned quite a lot about designing enclosures in the past year

How do you like dem apples?? haha

20. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

winisd is sucky haha, it's like windows 98 SE