Kicker 750.1 amp...what kind of subs/box?

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by eazy, Oct 8, 2006.

1. eazy

eazy Full Member

Haha yeah a lot of people have been asking me to build them a box lately. I think I'm going to start doing it locally, so I don't have to charge people insane shipping rates. Where are you electrolytic? I'm in Jacksonville, Florida.

I'm loving this massive port... I'm seriously considered putting LEDs in the box so there's a blue port glow.

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

You could do that, there are all kinds of 12 volt lights for automotive, I'm in canada, shipping is too much for most boxes unless you get some kind of business deal with ups. Lot's of money in car audio, that's for sure.

3. eazy

eazy Full Member

Yeah shipping would suck ass...

Maybe a lot of money for a 17 year old kid like me, I don't know about for a living though lol.

4. eazy

eazy Full Member

[​IMG]
    Amp rack in progress. It looks like crap now but it should look pretty nice when I'm done.
    [​IMG]
    Port after sanding and first coat of paint.
    [​IMG]
    Here's my door. The blue circle marks where the 5.25" speaker is going behind the grille. The red circles mark possible spots for the tweeter. Where do you guys think I should put it?
    [​IMG]
    Here's a picture of the control portion of the 15 dollar DMM I bought. Now, what exactly do I need to do to match the amp gains? The directions for this thing blow.

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

hey, azn will have to explain that to you, i tried it that way, you have to download test tones and then burn them to cd or ipod, then play the tone and measure AC voltage should be around 35 Volts ac for each amp, not sure about the exact voltage you should get for your amp, azn has the formulas. I ended up just setting the gains by ear when you hear distortion or your turning it up but the power doesn't seem to be getting louder, should be a touch back from that. I think if you just respect the amps power and don't get nuts like i would lol you will be fine. About that meter, just make sure not to put any kind of power when it is switched to the ohms scale, you will fry it or blow the fuse in it, that's for measuring resistance or checking diodes.

The rack looks nice! I may do the exact same thing.

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Actually, lol, your probably looking more like 25-28 volts AC, but get azn to work out the exact numbers for you.

8. eazy

eazy Full Member

[​IMG]
    Carpetting process.

[​IMG]
    Dropped the subs in for a preview.

9. eazy

eazy Full Member

Well I was looking at amplifiers on techronics.com just for ****s and giggles. I was looking in the $300 or under range.

I came across...

Directed Audio D2400 $298.35 shipped (1200x1@1ohm)
    Infinity Reference 1211a $295.35 shipped (1300x1@2ohm) [CEA-2006 compliant power ratings]

Are Planet Audio and Power Acoustik any good?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I hate techronics...there customer service is horrible. you talk to some arabian/indian guy and they don't work with you, they just tell you that it won't work and theres nothing they can do...they tell you that your visa card doesn't work AFTER they have charged it, even though visa is accepted by them...then it takes a week to get your money back

F U C K techronics

11. eazy

eazy Full Member

mmkay.... what about the amps? lol

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yeah i was trying to buy an amp from them...Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1