Kicker 750.1 amp...what kind of subs/box?

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by eazy, Oct 8, 2006.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

Oh ok. i see.

2. eazy

eazy Full Member

Well, my dad said the insurance guy said I can get an amp...meaning one, and a "bassbox" as he calls it. Hopefully the insurance guy will be cool with me getting a woofer or 2 and build my own box. Basically, I need to use all of this $720 as best as I can. I don't get cash left over.

3. eazy

eazy Full Member

I've only got a couple days to decide. What other good 18" subwoofers are out there for under say $400?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I dunno but ED is all about sound quality.

People have ran the Nine.1's at .5 ohm all day without problems...but with very upgraded charging systems

5. eazy

eazy Full Member

If I buy the sub and amp at $185 and $315, thats $500...I've got $220 left over. I don't think I can buy a second amp, but if I could, what were you referring I needed it for aznboi3644? My speakers?

oh and why do the sub specs say 650/1100 WRms?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

7. eazy

eazy Full Member

Should I buy an enclosure with the extra $220? Oh and this sub weighs 74lbs...is this going to have to be like 1" MDF?

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

not really...just a double thick baffle and good bracing of all walls

Well or you can drop the 19ov2 and get a couple 15ov2s...but how many people do you know have an 18 inch sub lol...its got a little "wow" factor and "Oooo and Ahhh" in there also

9. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

WOW, this thread WONT die will it!!!!!!!!! i wanna see it hit 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell ya!!!

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Yes...I am very surprised by the length of this thread haha

11. eazy

eazy Full Member

Actually I don't think that whole forum discount thing applies in this case. I don't think the insurance company can use my account on a forum to get a discount on stuff...so $250 and $350.......$600. I need to use that $120 for something, maybe I can get away with getting some eDead deadening.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  12. pedro quiroga

what about upgradeing your mids and highs.unless they dont need to be.or new signal cables,eq,x-over?

just adding to the thread length...lol.

13. TheViking

DONT buy a cap!!!!!!!!!! whatever you do! Pehaps take the extra money and donate it to THe Viking, he needs a new system in his ol truck. Again, adding to the length of the thread!!!!

14. pedro quiroga

hey viking when you say all audio sounds like crap.does that include home too?i mean there has to be something that sounds good in a car.

15. TheViking

yep, it is all junk!!! except for the stuff I build!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

16. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I actually finished up some singler driver 4 inch home audio speaks...actually sound quite good and can play pretty low also...I like em.

Again adding some more length to this thread.

Well hell with the 120 bucks get a 11Kv.2, build a box to spec on the site and sell that bitch for like 200-250 bucks to a dumb kid

17. TheViking

I like my idea better

18. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Sure Viking....I'd say donate the rest to the AZN's new head unit Fund!!!

19. eazy

eazy Full Member

The insurance company isn't giving me a shopping spree. I'm supposed to be replacing the **** I had. So I can only get an amp and sub(s).

20. eazy

eazy Full Member

Okay, I think I'm going to get the Elemental Designs 190v.2 18" subwoofer, the Elemental Designs NINe.1 amplifier, and a sealed encolsure off of an ebay store to make it look legit (it even says "bass box" in the description as the insurance guy calls it). Unless you guys can actually find a good 18" box for $120.

Okay, do I want dual 2 or dual 4 voice coils?
    What guage amp kit do I need? Is there a specific size I need?
    What should I have the circuit city people wire the subwoofer to, 1ohm? 2ohm?
    What wattage will I most likely get out of the subwoofer and amplifier?

I have until Thursday to decide....tomorrow

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006