Kicker 750.1 amp...what kind of subs/box?

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by eazy, Oct 8, 2006.

1. eazy

eazy Full Member

Okay, the most AMAZING thing has happened.

A few weeks ago my panasonic head unit, one mtx 6x9, audiobahn amp, and audiobahn subwoofers were stolen. Originally the insurance company said they'd replace everything except the subwoofers...

I bought my amp for $200 used off the wall at circuit city, and I overpaid $270 for my audiobahn 12's in the bandpass box...The insurance company didn't find "off the wall" on the receipt, and they said that amp retails for $450 and the subs for $270, so they said to find a combination of amp and subwoofers for $720 anywhere and they'll pay for it. They also said they'd replace my panasonic head unit and give me a pair of mtx 6x9's.

Basically I have $720 at my disposal for subs and amp.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

did they say where you have to buy them.retail or online?

3. eazy

eazy Full Member

They said anywhere...I'm going to find out if "anywhere" includes ebay stores. And yes, online counts.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Fuking sweet man...If I had that kind of money I would get an Elemental Designs Nine.1 amp. 1200 watts rms at 1 ohm...at 12.5VDC!!!! this is a REAL RATING...not any perfect 14.4 volts rating crap.

5. eazy

eazy Full Member

I have a feeling my original two 12's in a ported box plan is going to change a wee bit :D .

Here's a picture of my trunk.
    [​IMG]
    How shall I fill it? :D

I could get 8 Audiobahn AW1251T 12" 400rms subs for $30 a piece, and 2 A16000V Audiobahn 1600rms amps for $220 each. $680 total. Just an idea.

6. pedro quiroga

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

not audiobahn.

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Dude please tell me you are kidding me....

8. eazy

eazy Full Member

The 2 audiobahn 12's I had in my bandpass hit hard, 800rms total, I don't know which audiobahns they were.

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Please for that money do not buy Audiobahn...they cannot handle their rated rms power handling...nor are the amps even CEA-2006 certified so they aren't even putting out the power they say they will...and the sound quality from audiobahn is not up to par.

For you're trunk...I'd take up all of it for a sealed box for this 18 inch beast
    http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=37

and get this amp
    http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=44

With the forum discount you can get the sub for 185 and the amp for 315...both brand new...that sub will take 1200 watts EASILY and not even break a sweat doing so.

So that leaves you with 250 dollars for either a Nine.4 or a Nine.2x
    http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=90&products_id=351

10. eazy

eazy Full Member

Is that sub 650 or 1100 rms watts? Isn't that amp only 900rms watts at 2ohm? and what are the Nine.4 or a Nine.2x for? This website is a little confusing. Oh and what forum discount?

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

All of ED products are underrated...people on the ED forum have put 1200 watts on 4 of of ED 6.5 inch subs...petey glad has hit 145dB on the term with four of the eu-700s...pushing 4 times their "rated" power.

That amp puts out 1200 watts rms at 1 ohm...at 12.5 volts I may add...most amps today are rated at 14.4 volts which isn't realistic.

The sub may be rated at 1100 watts but it can handle way more than that...in an approx 5 cubed foot sealed box it would take 2400 watts to bottom it out

12. eazy

eazy Full Member

Can you run that sub at 1 ohm?

13. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Hey easy, just want to say something here, dont get in a big hurry and buy something you may regret later, listen to what your ears tell you sounds good. Its better to buy quality over quantity, in virtually anything you buy........take your time and make your decision after you are educated and very comfortable in your choice....DONT RUSH IT!!!!!!!!!

14. eazy

eazy Full Member

Yeah I know I'm just seeing what others think before I make a decision. Problem is, most stores near my house don't have brands like ED so I can't listen to them.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well...you can get that sub in either dual 2 or dual 4 so yes you can wire it down to 1 ohm.

But eazy...don't listen to Viking as he will only tell you to buy really old ancient Orion amps that are made of wood and sticks.

lol just fukin with you Vike

16. pedro quiroga

what forum discount?how do i get it.

oh and AZN..wooden amps ROCK!!!
    LOL.

17. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Actually, the wood serves 2 purposes, first its what hold the amp together, second, the wood fires the boiler for the steam turbine to power up the power supply. I also have to use green wood for the speaker wires, dry wood conducts very poorly!!!

18. pedro quiroga

LOL.hey wait didnt audision amps use a strip of wood for a cover of sorts?for looks only of course.lol.

19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  20. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member