Iasca & Db Drag In Arcadia,fl

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by pedro quiroga, Feb 15, 2008.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

Ok Fellas Im Going To Another Show In The Afternoon.
    It A Ways Out.100 Miles,but Hey Why Buy A A A If You Dont Drive AnyWhere

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

post some pics and vids pedro...

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

cool, i just missed one in toronto, was feb 10th grrr, searching internet for the next ones. I have never been to one.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I wish there was some competitions near me

5. pedro quiroga

ok guys,i quite literally walked into the door.will post pics as soon as i get out of the shower.

on a side note.i won a trophy for being to loudest in my class.
    i hit a 135.8 @48hz(burp)to beat out a guy with 2 jbl 10's in a sealed box with about 1000 watts.(according to him).it was a jbl 600 watt amp wired to 1 ohm.it was a clean set up too.

there was this new kid out with some decent equipment but he was also running 2 diffrent boxes in his trunk.2 rockford p1 12's and a sony xplode.he had a 2000 watt quantam amp,and only did a 133.4.i tried to tell him he shouldnt try to run 2 diff enclosures cause they might be cancelling each other out.i also suggested he get a custom built box for his 12's.

man he was ****ed when i told him my score,and that i only run 220-250 watts.i tried to explain the"its all in the box"speach.i might run into him tommorow at anothe rshow in my area.

6. pedro quiroga

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  7. pedro quiroga

8. pedro quiroga

this is the car i beat out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. pedro quiroga

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Nice score pedro...that was on the TermLab right??

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

congrats on the win pedro!

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Pedro where the hell are the pics of you and your trohpy??

lol i'd rather show those than these pics

13. pedro quiroga

lol.i can get a pic of my 2 trophies.

hhmmm not sure on the meter...what does iasca use?its what they use.

14. pedro quiroga

i dont think imma make the sarasota show.too far to drive right now,im tired.
    i didnt get to bed till 2:30,and i just woke up.

i wll be at next weeks show in NPR.it closer and i'll be ready for another show by then.

i'm thinking of re wiring the 10 for around 490 watts.thats both M50's wired mono.245@4ohms mono.1 per coil.

i hope to get at least in the upper 130's.maybe a 137 or better.

with this new box i not only went smaller,but went down in power and only lost 1db.so i hope to raise it a few more.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  15. pedro quiroga

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Nice score! And win lol, wish i was there to see that guys face LOL. Hey Azn ever notice it's always a kicker L5 or L7 or Solobaric that gets the high scores.

Pedro can you explain the categories, like what category would i compete in if i had one sub and my orion.

17. pedro quiroga

18. pedro quiroga

oh we didn't go head to head.i don't think he knew who won the class( vehicle,set up)maybe when the trophies were handed out.

19. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

oh ok lol, still, when you were telling him how it is!! haha Thanks for the link!

DB Drag Rules Regulations Events

The standard classes for dB Drag Racing are as follows...

Street Stock Division

The Street Stock classes are intended for normal, after market auto sound systems. The equipment permitted in these classes is restricted to the "consumer-grade" components that are sold everyday at auto sound retail establishments. Veteran contestants, competition teams, and "hardcore" competitors are encouraged to compete in one of our other divisions.

Only amps and woofers on the currently approved dB Drag Racing product list may be used.
    Vans, CRX's, Panda's (or Panda derivatives), and commercial vehicles are prohibited from competing in the Street Stock Division.
    Contestants must play music when competing. Test tones (or songs containing test tones) are prohibited.
    Street Stock A Class - A maximum of 1 subwoofer amplifier (or 2 externally bridged monoblock amplifiers) may be used. A maximum TOTAL of 4 electrical conductors per sub may be used to connect the amplifier to the woofer(s). (Please see the definitions section for more detail regarding conductors.)

One 15-inch woofer
    OR a maximum of two 12-inch woofers
    OR a maximum of three 10-inch woofers
    OR a maximum of four 8-inch woofers

Street Stock B Class - A maximum of 2 subwoofer amplifiers (or 4 externally bridged monoblock amplifiers) may be used. A maximum TOTAL of 4 electrical conductors per sub may be used to connect the amplifier(s) to the woofer(s). (Please see the definitions section for more detail regarding conductors.)

One 18-inch woofer
    OR a maximum of two 15-inch woofers
    OR a maximum of four 12-inch woofers
    OR a maximum of six 10-inch woofers
    OR a maximum of eight 8-inch woofers

Street Division

The Street classes are intended as a migration path for more advanced contestants. The rules in this division are stricter than those found in the Street Stock division and a greater variety of products (including "competition-grade" components) may be used.

Cargo vans and commercial vehicles are prohibited from competing in the Street Division.
    Street A Class - A maximum of 1 subwoofer amplifier may be used. A maximum TOTAL of 2 electrical conductors may be used to connect the amplifier to the woofer(s). (Please see the definitions section for more detail regarding conductors.)

One 12-inch woofer
    OR a maximum of two 10-inch woofers
    OR a maximum of three 8-inch woofers

Street B Class - A maximum of 1 subwoofer amplifiers (or 2 externally bridged monoblock amplifiers) may be used. A maximum TOTAL of 2 electrical conductors may be used to connect the amplifier(s) to the woofer(s).

One 15-inch woofer
    OR a maximum of two 12-inch woofers
    OR a maximum of three 10-inch woofers
    OR a maximum of four 8-inch woofers

Street C Class - A maximum of 2 subwoofer amplifiers (or 4 externally bridged monoblock amplifiers) may be used. A maximum TOTAL of 4 electrical conductors may be used to connect the amplifier(s) to the woofer(s).

One 18-inch woofer
    OR a maximum of two 15-inch woofers
    OR a maximum of four 12-inch woofers
    OR a maximum of six 10-inch woofers
    OR a maximum of eight 8-inch woofers

Additional Guidelines for the Street Division:

Amplifiers used for non-subwoofer applications will not be counted.
    Amplifiers that are constructed in such a way as to circumvent the amp quantity limitation may be prohibited from use in this division or may count as multiple amplifiers. (Please see Section 14 for more information on amplification.)
    Street Max Division

The Street Max class retains the "normal use" restrictions associated with the Street division while allowing the contestant to utilize a "wall" in his or her installation.

Street Max Class - 1-4 Woofers. A maximum of 2 subwoofer amplifiers (or 4 externally bridged monoblock amplifiers) may be used. A maximum TOTAL of 4 electrical conductors may be used to connect the amplifier(s) to the woofer(s).
    Additional Guidelines for the Street Max Division:

Amplifiers that are constructed in such a way as to circumvent the amp quantity limitation may be prohibited from use in this division or may count as multiple amplifiers. (Please see Section 14 for more information on amplification.)
    Super Street NW Division

The Super Street NW class is designed for those contestants wishing to maximize the equipment in their installs without building a wall or moving into the Super Street or Extreme divisions.

Super Street NW Class - 1+ Woofers. A maximum of 4 subwoofer amplifiers (or 8 externally bridged monoblock amplifiers) may be used. A maximum TOTAL of 8 electrical conductors may be used to connect the amplifier(s) to the woofer(s). A maximum of 4 conductors may be attached to each woofer
    Additional Guidelines for the Super Street NW Class:

Super Street Division

The Super Street classes are designed for contestants wishing to maximize the equipment in their vehicles without making the structural modifications required for the Extreme division. It is not uncommon to find "veteran", "hardcore" contestants participating in these classes. "Competition-grade" components are normally used for Super Street.

Super Street 1-2 Class - 1-2 Woofers. A maximum of 4 conductors may be attached to each woofer
    Super Street 3-4 Class - 3-4 Woofers. A maximum of 4 conductors may be attached to each woofer
    Super Street 5+ Class - 5+ Woofers. A maximum of 4 conductors may be attached to each woofer
    Extreme Division

The Extreme classes are intended for contestants wishing to take their systems to the very limits of technology and beyond. Typically, only the most veteran contestants participate in these classes on a professional level.

Extreme 1-2 Class - 1-2 Woofers. A maximum of 4 conductors may be attached to each woofer
    Extreme 3+ Class - 3+ Woofers. A maximum of 4 conductors may be attached to each woofer
    Extreme OS Class - 1+ Woofers. A maximum of 4 conductors may be attached to each woofer
    Optional Classes

The following classes are not offered at the World Finals.
    Freestyle - This class is intended for "first-time" contestants only. Typically, there are no rules in this class except that once you win, you must move up into one of the standard classes listed above.
    Monster - This class is intended as an "exhibition" class only.

20. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

haha cool, i can't wait!! So i guess i would be in Street Stock B Class for an 18" and my orion or, Street Stock A Class if i use two or one 12" subs and my orion.

Oh that's for music. No tones.