HELP! AVH-P4000DVD-- No Power!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by tuffgong536, Jul 20, 2008.

1. tuffgong536

tuffgong536 New Member

I had this unit installed this week along with an amp, speakers, and subs. It had been working great, then randomly it stopped turning on. I feel like i have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I have tried reseting, checking all connections that i know of, tried turning on the unit using the SRC button, and also checked fuses-- but they all seem fine.

Does anyone have any ideas to help?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

who installed it? a friend or a shop. if a shop did then you should go back to them.

3. tuffgong536

tuffgong536 New Member

A shop installed it, so there is nothing i can do?

4. pedro quiroga

yes you can. go to the shop and have them check it out. they should do it for free seeing as they installed it.

5. pedro quiroga

what shop did it?

6. tuffgong536

tuffgong536 New Member

Oh, haha i meant literally-- nothing I could do. Its called Auto Sound and Security. Its a small shop in Willoughby Ohio, that specializes is Car audio. They are certified.

7. pedro quiroga

oh, i see.lol.

8. Patrick Simmons

Patrick Simmons Full Member

When you say turning off, do you mean amp, cd player, subs?

9. tuffgong536

tuffgong536 New Member

Well, the CD/DVD receiver-- the AVH-P4000DVD. I dont know if the other things are on. . . I dont know how i would be able to tell w/out the receiver working?

BTW-- Thank you, Pedro, for your time.

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

yes, it's best to go to the shop where you had it done because you already shelled out the $$$ for the installation.

my guess would probably be a bad/loose connection with your receiver power or ground connection. It's better for them (the shop) to fix their own mess though.

11. Patrick Simmons

Patrick Simmons Full Member

I totally agree. Sound like it may be your remote wire to you amps and equipment. You could always look at the amp to see if the lights are coming on.

12. pedro quiroga

no problem,glad to help.

did you go to the shop yet? what did they say/do?