For Those Whom Need Licesend Dealer. Cadence

Discussion in 'Car Audio Dealer and Installer Reviews' started by jstutman, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

So how far am I gonna have to drive then? According to their dealer finder there isnt' a dealer in the state of minnesota. I'll be damned if I'm gonna drive umpteen hours to a different state just to buy an amp. Which is why I had to order mine unauthorized.

2. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

^^^ That was me by the way. :)

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

The Q3000 is still one hell of a beautiful amp... as is a lot of Cadence's stuff. B)

It's not Cadence you want to boycott, Michael...
    ...it's MAP pricing.
    Right? ;)

No need to pick on Cadence, you'd need to boycott EVERYONE using MAP pricing...
    ...which leaves you with...
    Not much.
    :lol:

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

it is not really the MAP pricing I have a problem with

if it were ONLY map, hell I would be selling them right now,

the main thing I have a Problem with is the Industry Stonghold against Online Sales... that is just retarded...

they are not JL, they do not have 100% market Coverage.. They are losing Legit sales every day and Feeding the Very Thing they Hate... Unauthorized Dealers...

Much Like my example of the RIAA, instead of accepting and profiting from something that IS NOT GOING WAY, they choose instead to FIGHT while aleinating the very people that sign they checks, the CONSUMER

tell me, is that sound business????

5. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

This might be a little OT, but I have a quick question. I'm looking for a new 4 channel amp that will have enought juice to power my front components and a Koda 10 from the other 2 channels bridged. My Polk MM6 comps take up to 150W+, but need probably at least 100. My best options seem to be: HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - $200(underrated 85x2, 350x1), MTX 684 - $280(85x2, 340x1), or an RF Punch 801x - $260(100x2, 400x1). Am I going in the right direction here, or should I be looking for maybe a 3 channel or a 5? Is there a Cadence amp that would fit the bill? Where would I find one, and is there something in this price range? Please let me know if I'm going in the wrong direction here...
    -Austin

6. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

A z4000 would work well. 2 x75 at 4 ohms, and 300x1 at 4 ohms.

7. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

I don't think 75 watts will be enough. That's only half their rated power. Where can I find Cadence amps online?

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

The Z4000 will work amazingly well for that combo and is the amp I most commonly suggest for it. The Z4000 is underrated and will deliver real close to the Koda's power. And FYI, just because they are thermally rated that high doesn't mean they need that power to get really loud. Mine get 100 and easily keep up with my 1700 watt fed ported Brahma.

www.usacaraudio.com is where I have sent several people and all have been pleased.

9. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I'd feel good about that suggestion too.

The difference between 75w and 100w is really not going to be very audible.
    Remember, the relationship between power and output is not symmetrical - it takes a fourfold increase in power to effect a twofold increase in output... and that's under ideal conditions that don't exist in the real world, where things like power compression and heat didn't reduce efficiency even further, as more and more power was applied. ;)

...this is particularly true when you are talking about an amp that will put out a very "powerful" 75w (;)), compared to maybe another amp that's rated at 100w but maybe is a tad overrated...

10. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

That amp looks pretty cool, but where can I find specs on it? All that website has is the power ratings. Actually, all I need to know is the size. I know there wouldn't be much of a diff between 75 and 100 watts, but there would be around a 3dB increase from 75 to 150, right? Does anyone have any experience with HiFonics? How would the Zeus Zx6400 compare to the Cadence Z4000? The zeus is rated at 85x4 or 350 x 2. I've heard that's it's very underrated, plus it'd be about $100 cheaper than that Cadence amp, unless there is a better price for it somewhere. I'm not sure how much power it'll actually put out, but I'm hoping for at least 120ish per channel for my comps. I don't really need as much power as the other 2 channels bridged will give me, but it'll be cheaper I think than buying 2 separate amps. If there's a better way to do it, I'm definitely open to suggestions. This is by no means the only way I'm willing to do it, I'm just looking for the most cost-effective solution.

Seth, what exactly did you mean by this: "Mine get 100 and easily keep up with my 1700 watt fed ported Brahma"? Surely not SPL?

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

When I lay it down heavy, show offish, sure they aren't going to keep up... but for normal even loud daily driving they readily perform in perfect balance with my Brahma.

Hiphonics are nice, but they are definately not Cadence. Cadence is a considerably nicer amplifier... and as far as Hiphonics being heavily underrated... Nah, they are a bit overrated actually.

Seriously, in my opinion Cadence is well worth their retail price. While I do not agree with their company policy, one simply cannot deny the quality of their amps and speakers.

I own alot of Cadence gear... I have speaker sets sitting around here in boxes, and run some in my truck.

12. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

HiFonics makes some nice amps too... I simply don't have any experience with them.

...but how could you possibly get that amp for $100 less than the Cadence at USAcaraudio - considering USAcaraudio seriously sells at dealer cost? :confused:

I'd be suspicious... look into that further. ;)

13. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

youll get quite a bit more detail with about 125 watts over 75 watts with those comps
    and as you know, I like HiFonics a lot and would recommend them to everyone
    doesnt USAmps have the same kind of policy as Cadence does?
    -Cody

14. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

Chris,
    www.acaraudio.com sells the HiFonics 6400 for $259
    they are not authorized dealers, but sounddomain is and will match their price
    www.onlinecarstereo.com sells them for $249, i have not heard sounddomain matching their price, but i havent heard that they havent either
    not $100 below...so I'm not sure where he got that from...but $50 below
    -Cody

15. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

I'm not at home, so I dont' have my list I made, but I found it somewhere else for $199, then I planned on having SoundDomain price match them. I'll find out where it was after work.

16. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

Found it! IkeSound.com for $199. Comes with their one-year warranty.

17. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I'll take Cadence at their retail over the HiFonics Austin... But that is just me. I have experiance with HiFonics (and in fact I may still be able to get some) and while it is very nice... I don't get that warm and fuzzy Cadence feeling inside.

Cody,

The detail and clarity of the Cadence will surpass the extra wattage of the HiFonics IMHO.

18. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

I'm not one to argue with people that are smarter than me...lol...but do you really think there will be an SQ difference b/t the amps?
    considering MOMO speakers arent exactly Utopias where youd be able to hear a difference...????
    and seth, can you take a look at my other post please...i need help...
    -Cody

19. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Be cautious of this sort of thinking...
    Not only is the chain only as strong as it's weakest link - but negative attributes are actually additive - meaning that if your speakers are less than perfect in one way, and the amplifier is less than perfect in another way - the music you end up hearing is less than perfect in BOTH ways. :ph34r:

20. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

yes, but still, theres not an audible difference between amps is there?
    -Cody