Cutlass

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jonnyv713, Aug 16, 2008.

1. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

You need 4 ports according to bassbox, they should be 4" pvc 16" long each. If your box is not deep enough to do this you can still do 4 ports and go 12" long each. Anywhere in that range will make that box pound. Don't go shorter than 12" long though, 16" would be ideal.

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

can i put 2 ports in the front and 2 in the sides? idk if i have enough room for 4 of them in the fron but i will try.

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I guess you could if you can't fit them all in the front, but they should be all on the same side as the subs. If you definitley don't have room to put them on the front then put them on the sides

4. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

i know they're the kv.2s im just saying i built a box for two 13ov.2s designed by azn and it had two 4" ports. no port noise just pure bass in your face. also net cuft is the amount of volume after subs bracing and ports have been installed. gross cuft is the volume of just the empty box.

5. jonnyv713

its gross. u brought up a new point. what kind of bracing should i have in there? or should i just try it and see what happens to em cause i used 3/4 MDF and screws every 2-2.5 inches. And thanks for the help guys! I will finish it for sure tomorrow except carpet cause today i have a football game!

6. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

well if thats gross then we'll need to tune according to net. since the walls of the box are pretty big then i would do one horizontal and vertical brace at least. whats the internal height and depth of your box? and how many watts rms will your subs be seeing?

7. jonnyv713

5.25 is the inside volume. its about 400 RMS i would say.

8. jonnyv713

heres the box. the ports will have to be on the side too, cause they wont fit on the front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

That's cool, the sides will be fine, there are a lot of boxes with ports on the side too, instead of the front. It's a big box it's needs that little extra. Looks well built, is that MDF? lol

10. jonnyv713

sure is, 3/4, not too shabby eh? id like to meet a 14 year old that can do this stuff. not to brag but seriously.

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

dude, you gots skillz lol. Looks solid i would just put one brace inbetween the ports from front to back. What are the outside measurements of your box, i thought 5.25 cu ft was the outside measurements.

12. jonnyv713

42x13x19 i think it was. i am at school right now so im not positive. i can make sure tho. i used the box calculator on the12volt.com cause it was quick and its what i used last time on my box.

13. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ok, if you can get me the exact measurements i'll double check it to see if there's much difference in the port lengths, will still be four, 4" ports

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

maybe put on on each side would be cool

Attached Files:

15. jonnyv713

well thats how i did it. its sooo much louder now. i had it on like 17-18 and it was as loud as it used to be with the old box. now with the new one on 26, where i sually run it, it hurts my chest! i love it and all my mirrors go crazy! thanks guys for all the help!

16. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

vids are a must please.

17. jonnyv713

ok i will, i have to do it when people arent home cause it is really loud and i cant go anywhere lol.

18. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

19. jonnyv713

sorry. i took vids a while ago but i blew my mic in the camera lol and my phone wont pic up the fast movements and wont pic up the bass.

i think im gonna get the same amp as electro. (PS1-5500D) Any objections?
    And another question, how do 5x7's do for mid bass in components. I was thinkin of gettin these.
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10436_Infinity+Reference+6820cs.html#