Corvette Problems

Discussion in 'Car Repair' started by jonnyv713, Sep 24, 2008.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

well we were goin 130 down the interstqte and the corvette just shut off. let it sit for a while and ran good. so he took it to work after no lights were on it still shut off... its not throwing any codes but we put new spark plugs in it and it runs good.. but i know it shouldnt just shut off randomly. o and when it shut off the first time the ASR light came on and we found a vaccum line was off. that didnt fix it but there isnt a light now. can anyone tell me wats going on?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

fuel delivery problems maybe? clogged filter?
    failing pump.

that would kill a car mid drive. my jimmy had a failing pump that would shut down on the road.

130+ failing pump or clogged filter= :(

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

that could be it too. we have put a few of them junky opti-sparks in there cause they always get wet and fail but thats not it this time. i will have him check into that tho. thanks pedro. i will keep ya posted. where is throttletune at this time?

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

hey jonny, you shoot him a pm.

5. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

What year is it? Because if you were doing 130 down the freeway then the governer may have kicked on. I don't know what years had them, so if you could tell me what year it was I could be of greater help.

And was it still turning off after that?

Did it turn on/over easily?

Are lights inside the car. i.e. dome/dash still working?

I don't want to make any assumptions here but there are only a couple of things that would cause it to completely shut off and that is the governer or alternator/alternator wiring went bad.

But the governer would just throw itself back into first and you wouldn't be able to do above 30mph.

So shoot me a pm with the answer to those questions and I could do some research and give you a better idea.

6. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

Need the year of the car. Need to know if it had spark or not, fuel injector pulse or not, fuel pressure or not.

Only takes a few things to start a car. Power to the right components, fuel, spark and air. Just need to know which one is missing.