Budget Install

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by Ranger SVO, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Eazy's online build and install is a really super Idea. I hope it inspires others to do the same.

Building a box is not difficult. Designing a ported box might be difficult for some. Many of us here are able to do it and are willing to help others.

This is the begining of an install I will be doing this week. This is a budget install, no fiberglass, nothing fancy.

Building the box might be a challenge for some. The only thing I do different from Eazy is that I save the baffle board for last.

[​IMG]

The baffle is installed only after everything else is done. Notice that I use plenty of screws.

[​IMG]

And finally carpeting. If you use the right carpet, the box can be done with one piece, no seams. Box carpet stretches. You can litterally pull ( stretch ) wrinkles right out as you go around curves.

[​IMG]

More to come

2. eazy

eazy Full Member

Looking good Ranger! I noticed you used terminal cups, do you do that to keep it simple for clients? Or do you just like using them?

3. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I think it gives it more of a professional look. I feel this is important because the customer is paying for the box.

4. eazy

eazy Full Member

Yeah that's true. What's going in it?

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

New Dodge Truck.

6. eazy

eazy Full Member

No I meant what sub is going in the box lol.

7. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Sorry, the customer has his own woofer. I think he said it was a Planet Audio woofer but I'm not 100% sure. The box is pretty generic, 2.5 cu ft with the port tuned to 40 Hz. A great variety of woofers will work well in the box.

The main thing for this install will be fit. Also it needs to be easily upgradeable. We will actually use a 4 gauge run so that an additional amp and a larger amp can be added later. We are only installing one amp this week but we will be running two sets of RCA's.

Yes we actually talk to our customers.

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

very nice ranger...what i've seen done by Pete Kulicki is when he puts terminal cups on his clients boxes, he drills four more holes between the four holes that are already there.

Makes cracking the plastic less likely as the pressure is distributed more evenly and seals better.