acoustic edge school

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by frank, Mar 29, 2011.

1. frank

frank New Member

new to forum not sure where post this but does anyone here know if this is a good school or not? anyone here go to this school or know anyone who went to this school

2. frank

frank New Member

someone has to know something

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Welcome to CAT.

I have never heard of it.......

4. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

I know of Acoustic Edge. It started in Edmond OK by a guy named Dave Johnson. It branched out to a few other locations and then Dave sold it. It was a good school when Dave own it, but I don't know too much about it now.

5. frank

frank New Member

thanks for welcome and replies but wish someone had some more insight on the school

6. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I assume you are looking into the path of car audio for a career.....

A school will get you started in that path....on the job training in real world situations will get you farther. between the two alot can be had in furthering yourself. I went to "rtti" otherwise know as rockfords technical training institute back in the early 90's, had to be a top 10% installer in the nation to get there...i am proud of that, taught me alot of neat tricks and shortcuts for some custom work. but alot of it did not del with the day to day installs and techniques needed to make money....the real bread and butter for your income when your new at it...

School and books are a good thing....on the job training is better.

Just wanted to say my 2 cents.....even if its only worth 1 cent

7. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

^^^^^werd^^^^^^

Viking is correct. When I worked in a custom independent shop, I would do apprenticeship. Maybe there are shops near you willing to do the same.

Matter of fact I was talking to a buddy yesterday, one of the guys I trained is now the head installer of that very shop.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011