4 Fi Audio IB3 18's walled off 15Hz tune in a VAN BUILD LOG

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by kryptonitewhite, Feb 28, 2010.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

here comes a bunnch more

2. kryptonitewhite

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is my old dashboard top..front stage..to my Hyundai Accent GT

[​IMG]

now keeping that in mind, imagine similar up here hanging down!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kryptonitewhite

whats more fun tha chicks doing your work for you? (OK, helping..but they never take pics of you doin stuff, but you can't stop yourself from taking pics of them..so it appears that way!)

NOTHING!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kryptonitewhite

this dude at my local shop told me to disconnect this blue plug from it's blue connector sceen in these pics since the AC clutch went out.

I have 2 side effects now that don't make sense...any guesses?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kryptonitewhite

alright IDK if I want to pull those heater cores out so i can fill in with foam later or just tape them off and leave them...cuz I dont want to deal with hoses

those electric boxes..idk what they are

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kryptonitewhite

did i use enough caulk?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. kryptonitewhite

some of these forums I am getting caught up on, some of you it is because either there have been no replies... you dont seem to get excited unless you actually see big speakers and amps and a bunch of batteries, some of you seem to have the attention spans of 3 year olds and you have to get the build log start to finish after its already done or you cry and complain, some of you talk to much **** and your moderators let it go...which is also why I am down to 6 total forums I am posting my VAN build log in, but only 2 I check and talk on daily... but these 6 forums are still going because over all you have been good people with some good comments to keep me going...so if you're reading this, you have been kind..so THANK YOU! and should the good commens continue, so will the pics and vids

Jordan Powell

Kryptonitewhite

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. kryptonitewhite

I'm attempting something similar to my old front stage, but nothing near as elaborate.

there's a lot of available airspace, it's just that its so shallow and wide.... it's basically the width of the van, the depth from the front of the roof back to the wall...well, actually there's a roof support that cut's it in 1/2 before the wall... but it can only come down so far before it will obstruct my view or make the roof too low.

when I made my 1st front stage, the speakers were about 1.5 feet below eye level so I aimed them 1.5 feet above eye level to make them appear at eye level. Also, all 8 speakers were mounted on separate baffles, each speaker was aimed at exactly the same point on the roof.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

wow, that thing just might float with all that foam in it. looking good.

no worries on the foam popping out the windows? or does it have somewhere else to go when it fully expands.

10. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

im really liking that front stage you had/have in the car.