18" Fi Btl

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Audio_Junkie, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Audio_Junkie

Audio_Junkie Full Member

I have had 2 12" CVRs and 15" Kicker comps but then there was a chance for me to get this 18" Fi Btl so i jumped on it...Its already in a box (dont know the specs) and i bought it with a Audiobahn A2300HTC. It has a 6gauge amp kit with it. Its a loaded 2ohm sub also. What do i need to do to put this thing to the full limit? Any help or ideas on what to get would be great!!!

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

put it in a huge box that is strong as eff, buy a HO alt, give it about 3000 - 4000 RMS, get multiple batteries, big wires and some badass front speakers to keep up with all of it. haha

3. Audio_Junkie

Audio_Junkie Full Member

Ima get a HO alt, and all stinger 0 awg wires and 2 stinger batteries don't know what kind yet, and a box from fatboxusa.com for this sub.

4. jonnyv713

I dont recommend pre fabs but maybe from fatbox. i have never heard of them. And that amp is putting out maybe 1600RMS at 1 ohm. so if you want tip top performance, get a bigger amp. they can take alot of power. Its not power that kills subs, Its the user. So keep the signal clean and throw real power at that thing and it will get loud. It sounds like you are off to a good start though. If you are considering buying an amp, use the one you got first and then try another one.

5. Audio_Junkie

Audio_Junkie Full Member

What amp would be big enough to power this monster?

6. jonnyv713

what is your budget on the amp?

7. jonnyv713

and what voice coils does it have?

8. Audio_Junkie

Audio_Junkie Full Member

It has dual 2 ohm voice coils and don't want to go over about 4 or 500 for a amp.

9. Audio_Junkie

Audio_Junkie Full Member

Are mmats amps good amps?

10. Audio_Junkie

Audio_Junkie Full Member

What about the hifonics colossus amp?

11. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

before you go out and spend upwards of 500 for an amp that has thousands of watts of power. do you have the electrical to back up a large amp?

also, is this for an everyday street system or a comp set up where every 1/10 of a db matters to you?