XTR specs

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by TheViking, Jun 14, 2006.

1. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I am finally putting together a system in the lil laides car, using all my old school orion stuff. BUT! I cannot find the spec sheet (theil small parameters) for my vintage 1994 orion xtr12dvc subs, the ones with the ferrofluid cooled voice coil.

Anyone have info on them darn things? Ya I know, not much of a chance, but worth a shot. Best i recall, they liked about 1.75 cu ft. sealed, But as for now, they will be in about 2 cu ft. sealed, each. I am only running a 2125SX on them so that should keep them within the power displacement limited handling limits, they are 800 watts peak each and the amp is good for about 650 watts, last i measured it on the O scope (years ago).

Anyway, I would really like some specs on those subs, I want to do either a vented or single reflex bandpass enclosure down the road....

2. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

FREEKIN EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

Thanks man!!!!!!

Myabe i will hold off on the sealed box and go with what i really want then!!!!!

In a properly designed single reflex, those damned subs got about 5-6 dB of gain from around 40 up to about 100Hz..

Again, thanks Hautewheeler.

4. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

Yeah dude.. glad to help.. and you know how haute feels about bandpasses, right?

HELL YEAH!