Wrecked My El Camino Tonight

Discussion in 'Car Repair' started by Beauagain, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Beauagain

Beauagain Full Member

At 9:30 p.m. at State Capital Dragway I wrecked my 454 Camino

Made it just a little past 60'. :oops:
    When I launched....it hooked pretty hard, but as soon as it hooked...it slipped. Track tech told me my suspension is loading up. Well...it lost all traction and got sideways. My rear end spun around and nailed the center railing. Actually..not too much damage. The worst is my back rim bent. I was still barely able to drive the car home on the spare. So it looks like the El Camino will be out until i find a donor with a straight back end.

Serious question.....how realistic is it to want to put the 454/th350 in the S10 until the camino is back up? Is it possible or too much of a hassle to worry about.

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

you need to quite screwing around and find is chevette (not corvette but a CHEVette) and put that 454 in it ;) :p

I know a Guy that did........... :ph34r: :lmfao:

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Possible, maybe, but what a hassel. First it'll be tough to squeeze that big motor between those fenders. Second, the weight will simply be too much for that suspension... beefing it up is in order. Third, you think keeping the El's ass end under controll is tough? Try that little overburdened S10.

4. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Can you spell F-I-E-R-O? ;)

I've seen all kinds of motors shoehorned into those tiny little cars...

Lightweight little things... THAT sounds like a blast! :lol:

Or, speaking of mid-engined...
    Perhaps a mid-engine S-10?
    I've seen wackiness like that done to trucks before too... although not in person. I'd love to see that in person... :D