Wiring question

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by dmo74, Jan 9, 2007.

1. dmo74

dmo74 Full Member

I have 2 12" SVC 4 ohm subs and I am trying to get the most out of my amp..i have my subs wired to 2 ohms as in this diagram

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

the specs for my amp say:
    460W RMS (continuous), bridged
    150W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 4 ohms
    230W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 2 ohms

if i try to bridge my subs with the configuration that they are..the fuses in my amp will blow...so how can i achieve that 460W RMS?

2. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

you cant wire 2 SVC 4ohm speakers to a 2ohm load with a 2 channel amp that is only rated for 4ohm bridged mode. The best you can do is wire them up at 150w x 2 @ 4ohms. This is one reason why monoblock amps are better for subs normally. So just wire them up + to + and - to - each speaker to each channel like standard.

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Um...you CAN NOT get that ohm load....should have bought the right amp or bought subs to match your amp.

Only way you can wire it up is 4 ohms stereo or 8 ohms mono...either way same output

Dam you dave 2 seconds before me....but whatever

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I do know of a solution for this for you to get the 4 ohms mono...if you can find a nice flux capacitor with a turbo boosting catalytic converting built in it will let you achieve the 4 ohm load and 460 watts you want AND give your car an extra 20 horses under the hood

5. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

i would pay .03 cents for that.......

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

just wire one sub..simple.

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

lemme guess..your amp is a Kenwood KAC-7202

8. dmo74

dmo74 Full Member

yep it sure is