wiring dual 1 ohm options

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by Eleu, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

With two Dual 1 ohm drivers you could wire at either .25, 1, or 4 ohms right?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yes, yes and yes

3. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Thought so thanks!!

also side question, what do you think would be more powerfull, SPL wise, two 12's powered to thire suggested RMS, or 4 10's again powered to thier RMS. lets make it simple and say 400 watts total. the 4 10's would beat out right? sound louder create more air...

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

the 2 12's would have 224 cu in of cone area the 10's would have 314 cu in of cone.

it would also depend on the enclosure tho,cause at a show last year i was louder than an 18 in sub w/1200 watts with my 10 in L5 sub on 250~280 watts. same show i was louder than 2 10's on 1000 watts.

i was able to get a 137's and each of them only got in the 135's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  5. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Proper enclosure designe will make or break a system for sure! congrats on those wins too btw, thats pretty bada$s. ive been really getting away from systems themselves and focusing in more closly on box designes, using things like the cookbook for reference. it seems to be paying off pretty well...

6. mcrdeviation

mcrdeviation Full Member

I totally agree about the enclosure makes the boom !! What do u mean by the cookbook ? I was thinking of making an enclosure box-like on the outside to resemble a carseat, then a cylinder on the inside to funnel the air, respecting of course the ft3 required to make it boom. Ever heard of anyone doing this ?

7. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Refer to the repost i made in your thread.