wiring at 1ohm

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by cccullen, Jun 22, 2008.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Ok, got almost everything installed except the subs. I have a question. In an earlier thread i asked about how many terminals I should get for my box if i'm wiring at 1ohm. everybody to me to get two, I did that but now i'm a little confusted on how to go about wiring it to get a 1ohm load.

Since I kinda wired everything separate, how should i go about wiring from each terminal to get a final load of 1ohm? Again, I followed the pic that I attached but i did not put a wire from 1 pos of sub #1 to the other positive to sub #2 and the same thing with the negatives...

What do i have to do now? sorry if it's a bit confusing the way i explained it. I've been working on the car the whole day and i'm really tired!!

Thanks for the help

Attached Files:

2. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

just keep the connection in parallel, connect each positive of each terminal together and each negative. or you could run wires from both terminals and just make the parallel connection at the amp terminal.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ok, that's what i thought but the nine one has 2 sets of terminals.. could i just put both positives in each terminal and the same for the negatives?

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yes you can

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

so i could do it that way and still have a 1ohm load? ok, it's 5am here. I'm going to try to connect this before i have to work. lol

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

just wondering how do you check to make sure i would have the right impedance? I want to check to make sure I'm at 1ohm.

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

don't you have to put the positive speaker wire on one channel and the negative speaker wire on the other channel to bridge that amp? You should only have one set of speaker wires after you connect the subs together.

Attached Files:

8. pedro quiroga

HEY you done yet? i want to see a vid already. gosh!
    lol

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

That's what i was thinking but there are two sets of + and - at the amp. I put two speaker terminals on each side of the box and from my understands those two sets of + and - all go into one in the amp. So what i did was instead of doing like the diagram, and have two wires going across the inside of the box i just connected it at the terminals and has two sets of wires going into the amp.

Is that right?

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

It's kinda done but my box isn't covered yet. I really want to check with a DMM if i am really at 1ohm. Pedro, I'll take some videos tomorrow morning. I'll bring my camera. It prolly doesn't sound as good as your set up but i'm pretty happy with it.

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I have it like this. Is this right?

Attached Files:

12. pedro quiroga

yup........

13. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I thought that was right. thanks for the confirmation.