Which head unit for iPhone?

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by mastersdrummer, May 7, 2010.

1. mastersdrummer

mastersdrummer New Member

Hi guys first post here..basically I am buying a new head unit and speakers for my car and currently own and sub and amp.
    Which head unit would be best to use with an iPhone 3GS to answer calls and stream music via bluetooth? Also is it possible to access the iTunes list by the head unit to select artists, albums, songs etc.
    Budget is around £170-200 for head unit and £50-60 for speakers.
    Thanks a lot.
    Joe.

2. mastersdrummer

mastersdrummer New Member

No replies? Come on guys, I thought you were all the experts...

3. Khayman

Khayman Full Member

I have the Kendwood KDC-X994. It has bluetooth for handfree talking, a good iPod interface that allows you to filter by artist, album, genre, etc. and saves your selection when you turn the vehicle off. Has 4V 6-channel preouts, 5 EQ Bands. All in all a decent unit. Not sure what the conversion is, paid $260 USD for mine. Beyond that, go to crutchfield and try to figure out what you want there, then shop around for it.

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i dont own an iphone so i cant help you. not sure on how much you can spend. how much is that in US currency?

all i can say is pick a good brand and google their features. i know my old pioneer head can control an ipod and an itouch as well. never had the an iphone to test it on.

if your on a budget then look into polk and infinity brands. they sound good and are budget friendly to boot.

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Alpine has an awesome iPod interface. I own the iDa X303 and it was designed for iPod. So I would assume it also works well with the iPhone. You would need the KCE 400BT to make this radio a bluetooth radio