what do you think of this system?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by psycho_maniac, Feb 22, 2007.

1. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

well my 1st system was pretty kick ass. i really liked it. sadly to say it died and now i have to put a new system together. I know a guy at a stereo place in my main town here and he was talking about Rockford. I am still in the works of a system but i picked this out as of now. What do you guys think of this system?

two of these

and two of these these

thats the only amp i could find thats 2 ohms stable with the same watts as the subs. I don't know any thing about the ohms. Only the less ohms the louder it is. If you don't think this is a good system then what is? i want 1000ws or more for RMS. Also what guage for my wire should i use for every wire? (when i do this system im doing the big 3 and possibly a 2nd battery if i need it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  2. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

we could build a much better system for a lot cheaper than that is going to cost you.

3. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

how much room to have to work with and what is your budget so we can get started on a system design.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Yeah I wouldn't rush buying your next system...you'll like it more in the end when you have more money left over and an even better performing system...Have you ever listened to any of those subs?? How do you know you'll like em??

And one of those amps can push two of those subs. Also having 3000 watts rms is a too much for a stock charging system...what upgrades have you done to your electrical??

How much do you wanna spend???

What results are you wanting to achieve?? Nice sound quality?? one not wonder??? or what the majority of the universe wants...a loud a$$ daily driver??

5. psycho_maniac

well i dont know what budget i really have as im getting money from a deceased soon but I don't want to go overboard with the sytem. What I'm looking for is a loud ass system with deep bass. i love the feeling in your seat that you get.

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Deep bass??? Loud???

Hmm...I'm feel one 15 incher in a nice ported enclosure with about 800 watts.

Worked for me...but then again my box is massive and in a suv

7. psycho_maniac

Also this will help a lot. The car i own is a 95 eclipse. I heard that these cars kick ass for systems. If i get stuff really big I think I'm just gonna rip out most of the stuff in the back out. well everything in the hatch part but still able to have 2 people sit in the back.

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well the box for the back will definitely have to be custom built

9. JoeAudio26

JoeAudio26 Full Member

I think if your deceased loved one found out you spent all that money on RF they would come back and beat your [​IMG]
    I tell you this much you don't have to spend fortune, to have a system that disturbs the peace. One JBL 12' gti in a vented box, pushed by good 600 rms mono amp will knock your rearview mirror off...:D

10. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

aha he has an Eclipse! this I can help! I have found that the way the hatch is designed... its best to fire the subs from the back of the rear seat pointing at the hatch itself so the sound waves bounce off it and right into the cabin. Just be careful when you bolt them down because when you put that rear seat up or down the carpet has to give a little each way... so you need to cut a few inches of the carpet on one side of your bolt that holds it in if you bolt it straight down depending on if the seats or up or down when you put the bolt in.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  11. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Honostly with the room he has. 2 12" subs in a sealed box would be perfect behind that rear seat. It would give him enough room to mount the amps toward the rear of the hatch and still have enough room to put a few things there for storage. On a side note. It is possible to build a custom fiberglass enclosure in the spare tire well with maybe a single 15" as its pretty darn deep. Just need to remove the washer fluid tank in there... this is of course if you are good with fiberglass.

12. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

check this idea out..

box.. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2314.html

subs.. x2 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2133.html

amp.. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6336.html

that build would hit HARD. Though if you have any carpentry skills I would build my own box.. similar to the one posted but just a little bit deeper so get a tad more airspace in there. If not that box would work just stuff it with this stuff right here. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-317

13. psycho_maniac

Yes i love this feeling. Its so awesome. Thanks for the system you made Dave. I have a uncle that is very good at wood work. I might be able to get a custom box. The Carpet I'm not sure about how do to though. Would there be any real difference in the two boxes? The custom one and the already built one.

14. ibanezFreak87

ibanezFreak87 Full Member

a custom box. if done right. will sound a bunch load better.

15. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i knew this prick of a kid that lived down the road from me along time ago.his parents bought him a new eclipse.93.he had 1 10in sub init with an old school orion 275sx(was new then.lol).his box took up the whole rear hatch.and man it had some deeep ass bass.
    he would let every one know too.then about a week later his car was stolen.man that was the funniest thing ever.
    did i mention he was a prick?

16. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

the custom box would be much better we can help you with the dimentions of it and you can have someone build it for you. First decide on what subs.. those L7's i quoted you were 250 each and they slam. Make a sealed box with 2 2.0cubic ft chambers and you will be flexing that hatch hard.

17. psycho_maniac

haha well good he got it stolen if he was a prick then. Was he just a prick for his music or was he one of those types that thought he **** don't stink? If he thought this its probably because of his system haha
    @ Dave I decided on the system you picked out. what wire kid would you suggest? i found this at sonics http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3938.html. its 4 gauge or this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6240.html. That is 0 gauge. Or maybe something totally different I didn't see. To not need a capacitor I would only have to do the "big 3"? I haven't done any electrical to my car because i found a cheap 1.0 capacitor for my small system (800rms total), but i want to do without capacitors. Mostly because all the info i read on this site about them and that you don't really need them. Also what is the POLYFILL stuff for? Thanks.

18. psycho_maniac

also what good is a nice system like without a new deck. i plan on getting the eclipse cd5000. This system is going to kick major butt

19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I would much rather do one L7 in a ported enclosure and the BXi1206D.

This idea would put less weight, equal output if not more, and less strain on your eclipses already weak alternator

Knukoncepts has the best deals on quality kits.
    http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK4

20. psycho_maniac

I plan on doing full electronics upgrade for my car. Alternator, New Battery and changing the wires (i forget which ones but ill have to reread the topic on the big three again.

Nice amp install kit but I didn't see a remote wire in that kit. Is it alright to use 12,14, or 16 guage wire for the remote? i have a lot of extra speaker wire from last system and I could use that if its alright. I found out the total price for this system and the total is: 1,137.52 thats a pretty reasonable price. I like it around there. I was guessing 1500 because i was guessing the shipping quite higher then it actually was.