what do yall think??

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by danracer, Dec 20, 2007.

1. danracer

danracer Full Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what do u think...this was done by some friend of mine...really loud for the setup he has...soo what do u guys think that hit on the tl on a burp w/ 1200wrms??

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

145.7.......?

3. danracer

danracer Full Member

nope...more lol

4. jmenace_thakidd

jmenace_thakidd Full Member

151.3 is my guess

5. danracer

danracer Full Member

nope it actually hit 148.4 with 1200wrms and a 70hz tone burp(a lil high)...they are planning on hitting a 153 w/ 3kwrms and a couple of extra batts...cuz this was w/ a single red top on front so thats a great number for the system he has

6. jmenace_thakidd

jmenace_thakidd Full Member

oh its a burp im not into that it has to be good numbers on music tuned to no more the 45hz a 148 burp is loud but play music and see what it does

7. danracer

danracer Full Member

well i dont think it ill do that well on music since it peaked at 70hz so its a bit high but it would be nice if they could hit a 150 on music. and i think they can do it they have really loud cars w/ cheap equipment so lets see what they can do.

8. pedro quiroga

i hit a 136.6 on music.with ONE 10".with only 350 watts at the time.

9. danracer

danracer Full Member

i got a 107 on music :S

10. pedro quiroga

if i didnt travel as much as i do.i would put in another 10 and run my M50's mono @ 350 watts each.

should get me close to 139-40.hopefully.WITH MUSIC!! lol

11. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

what sub do u have and what is your box ported to? i know its a kicker but i forget which one exactly.

12. pedro quiroga

its anL5 and its ported.duel 4 ohm.wired for 2 ohm.
    [​IMG]
    the box is normally ontop of the 2 little ones.like this.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  13. pedro quiroga

i rewired my system a few months back,and now my front stage runs off of the two M50's in a duel mono setup.one is left the other is right.and the 4 ch runs the sub and rearfill.

if i turn the sub around to fire into the seat.even with 200-220 watts (from the 4ch)it hits just as hard as with 350 wattsfrom the M50 in 2ohm mono.

14. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

dont those amps get a lil warm with the box on top like that? or do they have fans or something for the airflow?

15. pedro quiroga

they get a little warm(never too hot to touch),and the box has rubber feet on it to raise it up some.

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

could get a couple 1x2s or 2x4s, paint them black and screw them to the bottom of the box to lift it.

17. pedro quiroga

i could but the feet work just fine.

also sometimes i move the box around in the hatch.i've noticed that if i turn the sub facing into the back seat with the port firing into the drivers side it has alot more output.and sometimes i just mount it normal.