want to build sealed enclosure for alpine swr 1222d

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by scriverm, Dec 19, 2010.

1. scriverm

scriverm New Member

hey everyone i was looking for some input on dimensions for a sealed enclosure for my new sub its going into a 2005 pontiac vibe.

I kinda want to have room still possibly something that will fit across back of the seats and still be pretty thin basicly i want it to be shallow and long lol or if something else would be better let me know ok thank you im not to good with the cu foot thing or what ever so just basicly the dimensions would be great

thank you all for your time

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Sealed is always easy. So here we go, it will need to be 9-1/2-inches deep by 15-inches tall by 18-inches wide. I'm assuming that you will be using 3/4-inch MDF

We cannot make it more shallow because the woofer requires around a 7-1/2-inch mounting depth and we need the room.

3. scriverm

scriverm New Member

thankyou for your help

thankyou very much for your help it is very much appreciated!!! i got it for an early christmas present to id love to be able to hook it up lol and show my rents when i get there lol