Visonik EQ

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Willy D, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

Anybody have any opinions on visonik EQ's? I am looking at a 1/3 octave EQ by them...

Willy

2. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

Here is a couple pics of the new EQ...it is a handsome piece...When the weather warms up, I am gonna revamp the system...

I plan to take the RCA out of the HU (currently one RCA is running off the "front" out of the Alpine back to feed the front stage and the other one is coming from the "sub" out....Anyway one RCA will be used to send to the EQ...The EQ has front outs, rear outs and a line out...There is a control to balance the front/rear outs coming from the EQ...I am assuming the line out is just a summed out...That will run to the sub amp...

Currently, here is my set-up
    Alpine 9856 HU
    JL Audio 450/4 amp...Hi power side (150x2) running the JL subs (2 12's) and the low side (75x2) running my front stage
    Front stage...Polk MoMo separates 6.5" woof & tweets in doors
    Rear fill...Infinity Reference 5.25 coaxles...running off HU

Here is what I am gonna end up with
    Alpine HU or possibly switch to an Eclipse CD5030
    Visonik EQ 30 band
    Front amp...JL audio 450/4 high side (150x2)
    Rear amp....JL Audio 450/4 low side (75x2)
    Sub amp....Kenwood KAC 9152 Class D (900 w @ 2 ohm)
    Front stage...Polk MoMo separates
    Rear fill....Infinity Reference 5.25"
    Subs...2 JL Audio 12w4's in sealed box

Attached Files:

3. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

Just wanna bump this post....

I have a question too....I have not gotten a chance to install this and I am hoping to within the next couple of months...The way I see that I am going to wire everything, the one drawback I see is that I will not have a way to boost the sub output from the head unit...My hope is that if I run the EQ in the HU flat, that I can dial in my response with the 1/3 octave EQ....Everything I listen to then should be close to how the original recording is supposed to sound, but some music I listen to may lack a lot of low end and in the past I have always boosted the sub out a click or two...

The Kenwood sub amp has a bass boost knob that I could wire in and I guess I could boost or cut the sub with that...

thoughts?

Willy