Upgrade bass but keep factory deck?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by JLB, Aug 28, 2012.

1. JLB

JLB New Member

Hey guys. I searched for awhile on this site but didn't really find what I was looking for, so forgive me if it's been answered before. I have an 09 Chrysler Sebring. I actually like the audio that is coming from the car. I used to have 2 Ample 10's with a crummy boss amp, and 6x9 bazooka speakers on an alpine deck in my old car. In this Sebring, I reallly don't want to change the head unit it I don't have to. I would however, like to add some bass and maybe better speakers to this. As far as the bass goes, can I add an amp/sub(s) to the factory radio? Other thing is, my wife is nome too impressed with the bass and need the most room possible. Powered subs any good? My buddy told me there is a factory upgrade that can be added, but I'm having trouble finding that. Any help or suggestions appreciated. Trying to keep this on a budget, but we will see. Look forward to learning here, and appreciate the input. Thanks again.

-Jared.

2. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

sounds like you need a HI/LO Converter, its a box with 4 wires that you use to tap into your factory speakers and convert it into the box which has RCAs on it for you to plug your amp into, im not sure about these powered subs, if you want room you could always go with just a shallow mount set up, its usually made for tight spaces like trucks and under seats but its all up to you....

3. JLB

JLB New Member

Thanks for the reply. I will look out for that. As far as the subs go, I might just do 2 tens. The trunk is fairly decent size so I may just do that. I have a lot to learn as far as amps go, so I'm going to start my research. Thanks again.