type r distortion

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by bassismymedicin, Jan 1, 2011.

1. bassismymedicin

bassismymedicin Full Member

i cant get my speakers to sound good at all. i just put a alpine cde 102 in my car, i have cheap insignia replacements in the back while i build my system up. i have uncovered type r 5 1/4 speakers in the front because they were too deep for my panels and i havent figured out what to do with them yet. i had to drill holes in my door panels to fit them. i have to add that i had to kind of rig them up ghetto because the bracket didnt fit my car. anytime i turn my music up at all they instantly distort and sound ****ty even with the bass turned down. im not sure what to do.

by rigging my speakers up ghetto i mean that one of the screws didnt go over one of the holes so after i screwed in three holes i had to force my other hole to go over.

is this why they are distorting so badly?

2. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

I would make sure that the cone of the speaker isn't touching or rubbing anything.Double check all of your wiring.Can you show pics of your install?Also,check to see what your h/u settings are and let us know,like bass boost,loudness etc.

3. bassismymedicin

the cone isnt getting rubbed or anything like that. everything is one default because i cant turn anything up without it distorting. ill have to get pictures later im a little hungover

4. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

Take your meds dude.

5. bassismymedicin

ill have to get those pics after work tonight. and my speakers up front are 6 1/2 not 5 1/4 for the record haha

6. bassismymedicin

im stupid. turned the eq off and it sounds good now. getting an amp next pay day.

7. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

At least you got it to sound good.Are you getting a amp for the fronts,rears,or both?Please include a budget if you want suggestions.

8. bassismymedicin

some songs still distort but i feel like once i get my amp everything will be fine. im getting the 4 channel alpine 445 plug in amp. ive heard nothing but good things about it

9. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

Let us know how you like it after you've played with it for a while.I know I'm curious how well it works.

10. bassismymedicin

decided to buy my buddies old amp instead